Intel Ivy Bridge official: 22nm 3D Tri-Gate to revolutionize processors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge official: 22nm 3D Tri-Gate to revolutionize processors

Though this was a good quick read with a video to further explain.

http://www.slashgear.com/intel-ivy-b...sors-04150147/

Re: Intel Ivy Bridge official: 22nm 3D Tri-Gate to revolutionize processors

Wow. Dang, Intel has some smart people working for them. It blows my mind how small they can manufacture these transistors. This Tri-Gate technology is going to be a real game changer. Thanks for sharing the link!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I am super excited. This is a massive leap!
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

That is why I love technology; they JUST released Sandy Bridge, and now are working on Ivy Bridge.

Comment

This announcement kind of dampens my interest in their upcoming Sandy Bridge E lineup which is coming out before Ivy Bridge and does not use the same fancy 3D 22nm tech.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

this is interesting, intel certainly work fast, but i hope that they don't have any of the problems that early sandybridge motherboards did!

i wonder what the new tech will cost when they release it??

Comment

Amazing. I am wondering about the price as well.

Comment

The leap is not going to be as big as I believe some are thinking it will be. It will slightly be faster clock for clock than Sandy Bridge and run a little cooler, but it still will be the "tick" in Intel's Tick/Tock marketing process. Haswell is the "Tock" after Ivy Bridge, and you will most likely see it pulling ~1Ghz higher overclocks than what IB could produce. I have a i7 2600k SB processor now, and for a lot I'm sure IB would be a great upgrade. But I'm good until after Ivy Bridge.
                A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X