Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ven's real hardware

just got it Friday and finally hit the range with my daughter

The groups shot are from my 13 yr old daughter at 50 yds., I will be doing a barrel shroud, trigger job, and possibly some other mods in the near future
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Ven's real hardware

S&W? They make a AR?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

supremely impressed with your 13yo's marksmanship. I remember being competitive on the national level at that age... don't let her allow her age or gender to hold her back... she seems to have talent.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        S&W? They make a AR?
        yes, yes they do. This is the M&P 15-22, fairly inexpensive to shoot and my kids can enjoy it with me. It doeas have a big brother though.....hopefully santa will find a way to stuff that one in my stocking :)
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
          supremely impressed with your 13yo's marksmanship. I remember being competitive on the national level at that age... don't let her allow her age or gender to hold her back... she seems to have talent.
          Yes she does seem to have a natural ability......I see this becoming a very fun and expensive ordeal for me :)

Comment

Took a look at the S&W website...wow that's a nice package. .22 with rails, LE stock, and perhaps 4x scope for ~$500. Basically as much as one would spend on a quality airsoft replica, but the exception here it's a real deal firearm.

So any plans and having your daughter do some match shooting eventually?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Cool, you should check if there's a steel challenge match nearby with a .22 rifle category. It's a really fun game that has a bit more action than regular target shooting.

Comment

just installed some Magpul flip sites on it :0....gotta have a backup! I built a range out at my Dads house for between 25 and 75 yds, sandbags the whole kit and kabang. My daughter has shot a little in some training classes at our local gunshop and all the instructors begged me to get her on the team....but my daughter is one of those individuals that literally excels at everything she tries without any effort....however if it becomes a chore she stops havingh fun and walks away from it. I won't push her into it, but I will say this little gun has given us of very cheap quality time and the smiles on her face I wouldn't trade for anything

Comment

If she is curious at all...I'd suggest at least taking her out to look at a few matches. Steel challenge, USPSA, and cowboy action are great for just having fun without turning it into work.

Comment

22 is the most fun to shoot and cheap too. I have the GSG-5 which is an MP5 chambered in a 22 and it is an absolute blast!
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                      If she is curious at all...I'd suggest at least taking her out to look at a few matches. Steel challenge, USPSA, and cowboy action are great for just having fun without turning it into work.
                      I have been looking for any tactical .22 matches in Michigan and google turns up nothing.....hell I would love to get into that

Comment

I don't know of a sport/division that allows for .22s other than NRA light rifle and steel challenge. (Yeah there are other rimfire sports, but I don't know that bench rest shooting, bullseye, or metallic silhouette would have much appeal to a 13 year old)

For her, as a junior beginner, she can probably shoot most sports with a .22 for a while. It's not officially supported, so it'll vary by the club.

3-gun requires a rifle, shotgun, and pistol. And it's the only one that comes to mind for tactical rifle shooting. There should be a 3-gun club somewhere within driving distance.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X