Razer Diamondback: Plasma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razer Diamondback: Plasma

I was lucky enough to get one of these just today as a slighty early B-Day present. Throughout today i've been playing around on several games with it and I must say it is very nice.

Previously I had been using some 5 button microsoft mouse which I always thought was just fine. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to it. The Razer just feels so much lighter and the feet slide near frictionlessly. (<-Word?) ;P
    As advertised the Razer offers excellent precision with its 1600dpi resolution; moving the mouse around feels entirely continous. Also, the massive trigger buttons offer an excellent feel and of course those and all other buttons are completely programmable. Another neat feature is the on the fly sensitivity changing. I believe several other mice have this feature as well but I'd never used it before; it comes in very handy with games like BF2 where your control situation can change so much. Oh, the mouse also has a pretty blue glow to match the light oozing out of my case. ;P

On the downside: The mouse doesn't seem to be very good as far as Plug-N-Play capability, the software somehow just doesn't "feel" entirely solid, (though I haven't had any problems just yet) and when alt-tabbing around or otherwise changing window focus it can get a bit finnicky.

For gaming or any other focused activity you might want a comfortable fluid feel for this is a great mouse. For simple business work or anything where you'll probably be changing window focus very often then this is still a good mouse but the minor flaws and occasional delay on focus switching might become irritating.

All in all I am very happy to have this thing. :)

*edit* I believe Razer has discontinued production of this model so I would reccomend a large secondary retailer like Amazon if you would like to find one. Alternatively, I would imagine the standard Diamondbacks to be very similar in feel and use so you could try those.
    Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
    [age-c1]
    [eng][air]

Re: Razer Diamondback: Plasma

Id rather wait and get the MX-1000, should kill the Razor... But right now ive got this Microsoft Optical Desktop Elite for Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Combo Its nice for browsing the internet, and its great for BF2 because ive got a lot of control at my fingers.
    Oyee

Comment

I have an old Razer Boomslang 2000 at my parents. Great gaming mouse, might drag it over to the townhouse mainly for the "on the fly sensitivity" adjustments.

BUT...

At the townhouse I have an MX1000. I have just gotten too used to cordless freedom. I can literally be across the room with the mouse on my leg and move the cursor accurately.

Basically I love both mice. The Razer mice excel when it comes to twitch gaming or when playing a game without mouse speed adjustments. WW2OL was bad for that, VERY slow turning speed with the mouse and no way to speed it up, the razer helped that out ALOT.
      For slower based tactical games the incredible resolution of the razers are not needed sothe comfprt and convenience of the MX1000 wins out there.

My $.02

Comment

I'm not a fan of wireless anything myself, and as for comfort I think the razer feels great. But maybe I'm just weird. :)

- If I were to go wireless, then yes, the MX would likely be my choice.
        Oh, my razer was $30 cheaper than an MX. ;P
        Combat is very simple, there is a first place and a second place. Second place is laying face down in the mud...sometimes, so is first place.
        [age-c1]
        [eng][air]

Comment

I paid throughthe nose for my razer. $200 CDN couple years ago forthe thing.

Comment

I have a Diamondback Chameleon and have really been happy with it. I also picked up the Razer ExactMat and it has been great. It's a bit costly (~$30) but being aluminum it should last quite a long time.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X