Skype users out there

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype users out there

Anyone get a notification about some EasyGames or something along those lines installing itself through Skype on your computers, i spent the last 5 minutes cleaning it out of my computer, since it looked a lot like a worm.

Thanks
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Skype users out there

A very brief google search didn't turn anything up. I would be interested to know what you find out, as I use Skype a lot. My guess though, it was your kids/wife/roomate ;)

Comment

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=227474

Easybits go is the name of the program, and i'm not the only one.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I don't see a trace of this program after starting up Skype and it updating (after months of disuse). However, it does seem Skype itself is aware of this EasyBits add-on/malware.

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?sho...=821491&st=200

Scroll down to the 6th post on that page and you'll find:

Originally posted by Claudius
        Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to thank everyone for reporting this issue and we are looking into what has happened. Details on what is going on is very limited at this point to the moderator and admin team as we are part of a volunteer group who are here to help users like you out. And due to this reason please do not consider our team as official spokespersons for Skype. All official news will come through our blog. Thanks in advance for bearing with us.
        And it seems Skype has temporarily resolved this issue:

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2011/0...led_for_s.html

^ That's their official blog posting on the matter.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X