I require help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I require help

Right so here it is over the past few days my computer has slowly being dying a slow death where it turn it's self off after 2 or 5 secs of the power up and I have no idea what to do I have been into the bios to see if anythings been changed and it's all good in there what else could it be? But after a few attempts it's fine but the hard drive starts making some weird as hell noises like it's stuck or some thing so I replaced the hard drive but the power up sequence is still messed up please some one help
    |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
    Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Im on my phone so this will be brief. How far along the boot process does it go before it turns off? Are all your components compatible and set to the right voltages? Also, does it restart or completely power down?
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Re: I require help

The power isa on for literaly 1 or 5 secconds before its a 100% power off and i have to press the power button to get it going again as for the boot prosess its not even getting a chance to load up the first screen where i can get into the bios now.

All my components are compatibale as i have used them all for over a year with out this problem happening before.
      |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094

Comment

First thing i would try would be making sure hard drive is good by placing it in other PC or switching it with spare one.
        sigpic

Comment

It did the same thing with the hard drive i switched out for the newer one :(
          |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094

Comment

Power Supply might be dying. Can you get your hands on a spare or borrow one from a friend to see if you can rule out the PSU?
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

reset bios, if that doesn't do it I would say the power supply. Had several computers at work that went through this and new power supply fixed them.
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

When my PSU went i couldn't turn the PC on at all, but replacing it with one i know that work for sure would be my next step.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X