Found the culprit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the culprit

So Skud was nice enough to provide me with the server IP address and it has allowed me to find the culprit behind my poor in game response time. It seems that one of the routers I am routed through, 173.192.18.197, po2.cer01.sr01.wdc01.networklayer.com gives me average responses of 300+ ms, some as high as 700. Is there anything I can do about this? I already called Verizon and they say it's not their server of course and can't do anything about it. Can I block this ip address or am I just at the mercy of randomness?

Re: Found the culprit

Generally speaking? You're SOL. However, if you were to figure out who owned the hop, you might consider contacting them. Though that has about a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of getting anywhere.

Comment

I actually did this one time a few years ago when I had a bad route to the PR server. They tech guy that I talked to said he couldn't officially help me, but he was very cool and hooked me up with a new route anyway. It might be worth a try.

|

Comment

Try posting over at DSLReports.com and see if one the techs there (assuming your local ISP is represented) can help you with a re-route. I too have experienced by routes and have managed to get a AT&T tech (back when I was on DSL) to re-route me once or twice.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X