Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Logitech G400 gaming mouse announced, replacement for MX518

Engadget just posted this early this morning:

Logitech G400 optical gaming mouse available for pre-order, wants to replace your aging MX518

Looks pretty good. Might have time to break it in before BF3 :icon26:
    Just looking at the Logitech website, I didn't know they had a trade in program that gives you 20-25% off. Can still find it cheaper than that at an online retailer, but it is something to consider if you have an old mouse laying around.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/349/7077?WT.ac=psE|7041

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: New Logitech G400 gaming mouse announced, replacement for MX518

Well at least they didn't change the design. Personally, it still needs a tilt wheel. Eh, at $50, you might as well go with the G500 for a little more. It has all the buttons of this G400 and a tilt wheel AND a laser tracking system.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I love my 518! I am on my 3rd one! I tried the G5 as it was supposed to be better but never liked it as much. If this is to replace my 518 then I might want to go out and stock up so I will have one when I need my next. Might give the new kid a try at some point too.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Used a 518 for 5 years. Great mouse. Good to see them keeping the option alive.
        Skud

Comment

I've had my mx518 for about 6 years now and its been great. This new G400 has the same external design and more accurate insides, so for me this is a buy.

Comment

Do logitech make a 518 shaped mouse with the same tilt scroll wheel as the G9 (metal, sold click or free spin). I love my G9 but its a couple of years old now and I fancy something with a more raised, ergonomic shape.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
              Do logitech make a 518 shaped mouse with the same tilt scroll wheel as the G9 (metal, sold click or free spin). I love my G9 but its a couple of years old now and I fancy something with a more raised, ergonomic shape.
              Does the G500 count? I'm not sure if it's the same shape as the 518 though.

I'm a fan of the G700. I just like wireless. And buttons. I like buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post

Those were the two I was going to suggest: G500 or the G700. Both have the same shape and ergo-ness as the MX518 but with the hyperscroll wheel.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post

Buttons, buttons are good, I need 2 thumb buttons plus a scroll wheel like the G9 (which is the best for me of any mouse I have owned or tested). Plus profiles, at least 5 DPI settings per profile.....and like, I do like me some LED's.

Comment

Out of curiosity, Wicks, what do you use the tilt scroll wheel for? Can you bind them to actions in-game? Or is it just for scrolling left and right on documents/browser etc?
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Yeah you can configure them however you want using the software. For example for all FPS I use 'click mouse wheel left' as reload. So in BC2 I have left tilt reload and right tilt pistol, seems to switch to my sidearm so much faster, so much better than finding the key or the worst solution, scrolling up or down. You can also click the mouse wheel down as it were for another function, I have it set to throw grenade. I have similar settings on most FPS. In PR I kept the reload but put local mumble voip on click right. Couldn't play without it now. No taking your hands off the movement keys in BC2, everything weapon related is right by my trigger finger as it were.

Comment

That's interesting. I have the same mouse as you but I don't currently use the tilt buttons which is why I was curious. Thanks
                        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Hmm, Wick, that's pretty interesting that you have left tilt bound to reload. Is left tilt just a button assignment or is it a generic key assigned to reload? Do you still use R on your keyboard for reload or do you have it assigned to do something else now?

Personally, I have left tilt as primary weapon and right tilt as secondary with G9 and G10 on my G700 bound to other weaps or attachments.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Acreo, I think I set left click to R merely as a kind of shortcut, R is still reload on keyboard. I always leave R (keyboard) alone.

For me its a logical muscle memory thing. Right index on left mouse button to fire, dry, then if danger close flick right for sidearm. If I have breathing space my finger is heading 'outbound' lol ie away from the trigger (left mouse), I bring it back towards the trigger and brush left tilt as I go, reloading in one motion. It's personal taste I suppose and merely what you get comfortable with. My second thumb button controls shot selection if available.

Having a mouse reload means I keep my movement hand on the WASD keys at all times and basically binds everything weapon related to my gun hand as it were. I have slightly different settings for Arma etc, mostly because there is much more interaction than say PR or BC2.

I have to lie down now, I just weekend warrior over-nerded lol.

Comment

In the past I experimented with binding crouch, reload, etc to mouse buttons. Wasn't my taste - But I also "Claw" my mouse and have very long fingers, so using the keyboard is pretty easy for me. For example, some users are slow to get their pistol out in BC2 because they have to move their hand a little bit to hit 1 - well I don't.

Muscle memory is dead on - everyone plays a little bit different. Heck, there are people out there with USB foot pedals for crouch or TS3.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X