Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about my motherboard and GPU compatibility...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my motherboard and GPU compatibility...

Im planning on upgrading my video card from a HD4850 to a HD6850(atleast)

Now this is my motherboard. Its a 785
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131398

Im probably getting the 6850, but when BF3 comes out i may get another to run 2x 6850's.

My question is, would it be compatable.. or even would it be worth the money. I have a 700w PSU.

HD6850:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-505-_-Product

Thank you for your time.
    -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Re: Question about my motherboard and GPU compatibility...

Do you game at HD resolution across multiple monitors?

If you don't, Crossfire honestly isn't worth it. You'd be better off spending that extra money and getting a single HD6950 and flashing it to become a HD6970 instead.

And yes, it will work with your motherboard.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Oh yeah i usually run my games at HD resolutions, but on a single display. I just always liked the idea of having 2 GPU's lol.

But You know what, that would be a great solution. I think i will just get the 6950 and flash it.. even though idk how to. But i can always google it, im sure its there somewhere. Thanks buddy you saved me some money.
      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

I agree with Acreo, go with the 6950 for sure!
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I have the 6950 flashed to 6970. First....I love it, it runs extremely cool at 44C in BFBC2 marathons (fan set at 65%). Second Acreo is right....I used to run SLI and to be honest it wasn't anything great. Put the money into a higher end GPU for a single card solution. It also has 2 gb of memory so plenty for any high res gaming. I recommend this:
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-555-_-Product

and heres a link to the article on flashing, the bottom has a list of cards and the success rate
          http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...ng/vidcard/159
          I did not increase the voltage like thy say in the article and just left it stock, bumping it up apparently increases the rendering ability pretty good but I haven't found a game yet where I needed it:)

For the record, the card has dual bios so on the off chance it doesnt work you can flip the switch back to the standard 6950 bios and be fine.
          Last edited by Ven; 06-23-2011, 11:09 AM.
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

:D Ven saves the day (and save me going around searching for that article)!

Just remember, multiple GPU setups (SLI and Crossfire) shine when you're gaming across multiple monitors. They rarely give you any significant performance boost on a single display (unless you're one of the lucky few who has a CRVD curved displays).
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X