Greasemonkey script to ignore OnPaste in form input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasemonkey script to ignore OnPaste in form input

Most forums have a second email box to enter one's email to make sure one typed it right in the first box. Since I'm using auto-complete, Firefox fills in the first box correctly and I just add a plussed address to uniquely identify mail that came from that forum. (For example, I might use [email protected], changing the part after the + to match the site name.) I then copy and paste to the second email box.

I just ran into a site that uses the OnPaste operator to prevent me from copying and pasting from the first box to the second. Anyone have a Greasemonkey script that will strip out the OnPaste clause to allow me to bypass it?

Here's the offending site:

http://www.mumb1e.de/component/user/...&view=register
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Greasemonkey script to ignore OnPaste in form input

That's astonishingly irritating. What's worse is that many of these same sites that require you to double-enter your email address while displaying it in plain text then require you to click a confirmation link in an email. FFS, my *bank* doesn't have that level of paranoid (and pointless) security.

But no, I don't have a greasemonkey script to solve the issue. Sure would love to have one. Is OnPaste filtering the only way to prevent users from copy-pasting data into a form, though? What about forms that attempt to prevent the copying of field contents?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Comment

Re: Greasemonkey script to ignore OnPaste in form input

Good point. I've seen some that block right-clicks on images, to keep you from saving an image. I thought I saw a GM script to deal with that, but don't recall where.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X