• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris Bueller
    replied
    Re: Google+

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
    Why poor Google? I'd say poor Facebook. Google beat them to the punch, and not only that, but Google's video chat in G+ allows you to vidchat with 10 people at once, whereas you only get one on one with facebook. Oh yeah, and Google has already said that they're integrating the video capability with android in the next 60 days, so you'll be able to video chat to anyone on Google+ from any android phone that has a front-facing camera over 3G. I'd call that a much bigger win than facebook pairing with skype.

Leave a comment:

• Kwalc
    replied

Poor Google : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14054860

Leave a comment:

• Acreo Aeneas
    replied

Wow that is so not a intuitive process to go about inviting people in. So I have to share something in order to send them an invite?

Leave a comment:

• Adiventure
    replied

I was reading an article that implied they shut this loophole, does it still work?

Leave a comment:

• Jeepo
    replied

Yeah, privacy wise, this is a vast improvement over FB. Never been a fan of it. Hopefully people will transition over, and I can drop it...........

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

Meh, I think once people realize the perks, they'll come rushing in. Especially if facebook keeps screwing with privacy settings and such.

Leave a comment:

• Acreo Aeneas
    replied

I actually had it linked previously in my Google profile, long before G+ existed. However, if you edit your profile, you can link yours that way.
    I'm going to have to check then. I know my YT account and Picasa are both linked to my Gmail account. I wonder if G+ also automatically linked itself to those accounts as well.

The biggest problem I have with invitees is that most of them have already drank the kool-aid that is Facebook. So getting them to come on to try Google+ with me is probably going to take some time.

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

Ok Guys and Gals, fairly big update. The "sharing loophole" is still open, but smarter people than I have figured out why it wasnt working for some people. Fortunately, I gleaned that information and now have a solution.
    Some things to note:
    1. You MUST have a GMail address. They wont let any invites go out to non-gmail addresses yet.
    2. It may take multiple attempts to get in because Google is throttling the number of invites that go out every day.
    3. I'm only going to be sending one invite batch per day, so check your gmail periodically within a day or so after you fill out my form.
    As you would expect, the information I need is ONLY your forum name and GMail address. Every day after I send out the invites, I'll be deleting all of the info, so theres no privacy issues. Bottom line, if you dont trust me to do what I say I'm going to do, dont fill out the form.
    4. After you get the email saying that I shared something with you, DO NOT click on any of the links. All you have to do is go to http://plus.google.com and sign in using the GMail account you put on the form. It may or may not work immediately, but keep trying.
    Without further ado:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...ZmV3c6MQ#gid=0

By the way, anyone else who has Google+ already can do the same thing.
    Steps to invite people yourself:
    1. Set up a form in google docs like I did. Easies way is to create a spreadsheet in docs, name column A: Name or Forum Name or whatever. Name column B: GMail Address. Then click Form>Create Form. Type in your description and save it and close it. On the spreadsheet, click Form>Go To Live Form. Copy the address of the form when it comes up.
    2. Wait for responses.
    3. Add all of the responses as contacts on your GMail account. (I highly recommend creating a disposable contact group so you can mass delete them later if you're doing this in multiple places like I am)
    4. Go into Google+ and create a new circle, call it Invites or something.
    5. Make a stream post that gets shared with ONLY that circle.
    6. The ball is now in the invitee's court.
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 07-03-2011, 03:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

I actually had it linked previously in my Google profile, long before G+ existed. However, if you edit your profile, you can link yours that way.

Leave a comment:

• Acreo Aeneas
    replied

The setup was kinda odd, as it forced me to link my Picasa account to Google+, even though I don't remember reading anywhere on the Google+ page that I had to link the two accounts.

@Ferris,

Did Google+ auto link your YouTube account or did you accidently link it yourself when you were setting it up?

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
    My youtube account IS linked:
    Right but that's not the same "linking" I'm referring to. It was late. I'm not even sure how to find it now :(

Leave a comment:

• Jeepo
    replied

Its working now thanks mate!

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

My youtube account IS linked:

Leave a comment:

• Skud
    replied

Started using it last night... definately a better interface than Facebook. I also trust Google a lot more than Facebook, ironically enough.

Only thing I'd like to see is linking of youtube accounts.

Leave a comment:

• Ferris Bueller
    replied

Update: I heard about a possible loophole that said that if I shared something from my G+ page with a circle of non-invited people, it would allow them to get invites. Tried it using those of you who request invites using Bubba and Jeepo as my guinea pigs. Didnt work. So feel free to delete that email. Once legitimate invites are back up, I'll make sure everyone gets one.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X