FireFox 5 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox 5 issues

FF5 doesn't seem to like the TG site at all. I don't know if anyone else is having issues but on FF the site seems to get stuck on loading and never resolves. Sounds like a communication problem but i use IE or Chrome without an issue and browse other sites just fine. Anyone else having this problem? I have Adblock and turned it off.

- -

Re: FireFox 5 issues

I am having the same issues. I just gave up on FF and made Chrome my primary browser. I have tried everything to get TG to load with FF and nothing. I even upgrade to the latest FF and nothing.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'm not experiencing any problems with FF 5. Try clearing your cache and history. I think the updates to the website may be the culprit. Before I cleared mine I was seeing the old tags near our avatars.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

i've been having this for a few weeks now, cleared the cache and all that jazz. updated to the latest version of everything still nothing.

I just have a seperate window for TG open in IE
        AnimalMother
        Ex TG-31st LR
        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I just checked it on my Firefox (I use Chrome now).

Same .

Comment

I haven't had a single issue with FF5 with a slew of add-ons.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm running Firefox 5 and have had no issues with the site. Had a minor hiccup with the new chat bar but my problem seems to have fixed itself.

Addons: BBCodeXtra, Chatzilla, FireFTP, FireSSH, Flagfox, Greasemonkey, and Personas.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I have removed all plug-ins, add-on and cleared everything and still no go. I can run it with any other web site on the net but TG. So I guess Chrome it is for now.

Comment

I use both FF5 and Chrome as well. Vulcan, have you tried just uninstalling (fully) FF5 and then re-installing? Might be worth a try. I use Ccleaner to clean the cookies and registry after an in-install and that way there's nothing left behind from an old version to conflict with the new one.

:icon_frow
                  |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I have done a fresh install of FF. I think there is an issue with FF and something else I'm running which I'm suspecting is the case with others. I have issues with javascript on some sites too. I just use chrome for now and wait for FF to update. It's possible that the google toolbar is causing the issue now that I think about it.

I figured out my issues are with drop down parts and javascript functions on the site. My links just won't resolve when i use them inside the element which is a div and some javascript.. I'll investigate.

- -

Comment

I am another victim. I had a fresh install, but still no love. Kinda fustrating...
                      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Those of you with this problem, could you post what version of JAVA you guys are running?
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Version 6 update 25 (build 1.6.0_25-b06)

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if it could be a problem with one of the Java updates. Try updating to Update 26 (should have been released 7/23/2011) and see if that helps Bubba.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nope, nada, uninstalled FF.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse