Need help with Killing Floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Killing Floor

Ok, so here is my situation. I got a new computer setup with Win7 64 bit. Before I had the new system my server browser in Killing Floor worked fine, now it doesn't work at all. It is enabled to go through my firewall and I already tried the Steam master server thingy. Neither worked, any suggestions on what i should do?
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Re: Need help with Killing Floor

Restart Steam, it's probably a new patch that didn't get applied.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Win7 comes with some new security features, start up the game and go to the server browser, if nothing shows, minimize the game and see if a dialog box is open asking you to confirm something or other!

It could also be what Acreo mentioned.

Is it win7 ultimate or....?

Comment

Win7 comes with some new security features, start up the game and go to the server browser, if nothing shows, minimize the game and see if a dialog box is open asking you to confirm something or other!
        Oh (yes that is a good idea), make sure Killing Floor is allowed through Windows Firewall! That's usually the culprit as to why you can't see the browser list.

A quick test to see if Windows Firewall is to blame is to turn it off in the Control Panel and relaunch the game.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It is allowed through Windows firewall. It is Win 7 home 64 bit. And I have forwarded the ports and it still does not work :( And Mojay, no box pops up under the game.
          sigpic

Comment

Try deselecting all the filters in the browser and then do a search.

Comment

Tryed that, still nothing :( And the weird part is, the Steam server browser will work for Killing Floor. Just the in-game server browser does not work.
              sigpic

Comment

Sounds weird, maybe re-install the game.

Comment

^ Agreed. For a game as small as killing floor (3 gigs ish) that would have definitely been one of the first things i did. 95% of the time I dont bother screwing around first, I reinstall first THEN screw around if that doesnt fix it :D
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X