Need HDD and router input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HDD and router input

Anyone have anything bad to say about this before I pull the trigger on it?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136795

I also would like to find a decent wireless router with hardwire ports in the back, price range 50-70$
    I think my netgear is getting flaky on me.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Need HDD and router input

Originally posted by Ven View Post
    Anyone have anything bad to say about this before I pull the trigger on it?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136795.
    I've been using two of its bigger brothers (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533) for over a year now without incidence.

Comment

Draeh's 1 TB is much more worth it. Only $30 (50%) more expensive, but double the storage space.

As for router, I've been using the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH N Router ($67) for about a year now. I've flashed it with DD-WRT and have features normally found on business-class routers such as advanced QoS, advanced channel setup, bandwidth monitor, etc. It has one of the best ranges of single-band (2.4 GHz) N routers out on the market right now and is known for it's good wireless throughput to connected devices that have low or poor signal strength.

Another great router would be the D-Link DIR-655 Gaming Router ($70). Also has some advanced QoS options and a more full-fledged web interface control panel. It's not flashable with any custom open-source firmwares, but it should be more than adaquate and has packet prioritization (so VoiP and general browsing doesn't slow down your game play).

However if you don't need a N router and are happy buying another G router, the Linksys WRT54GL ($50) is a favorite (also my last router). Flashable with a open-source firmware such as Tomato or DD-WRT. You can even buy better antennaes and install them to help boost your signal quality over your wireless network.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I use a few WD Caviar Black drives in my own computer and have always thought highly of them, but this Samsung Spinpoint F3 is a great drive and a real bargain as well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

You get a fast 1TB 7200RPM drive that operates quietly for the same price as the Black 500GB.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I just put a WD Black 640 GB drive into a machine I built for my dad (along with a new AMD A8-3850 APU, very cool tech) and it seems like a very good, fast drive but it's a lot noisier than my Samsung F3 1tb if that's a concern.
          sigpic

Comment

I pulled the trigger on the F3, got it for $49 and fre shipping for a TB :D

only thing I am wondering about is the difference between SATA2 and SATA3, the F3 is SATA2.....am I losing much by not going SATA3?
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
              I pulled the trigger on the F3, got it for $49 and fre shipping for a TB :D

only thing I am wondering about is the difference between SATA2 and SATA3, the F3 is SATA2.....am I losing much by not going SATA3?
              Not losing a thing. Mechanical hard drives are not fast enough to saturate SATA II bandwidth so they don't gain anything with SATA III.
              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X