Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 on sale for $80 at newegg

For those of you who still haven't upgraded yet:

You will probably have to be signed up for their email newsletter to use the promo code, but you can always unsubscribe.

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail...ex-_-E0-_-item

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows 7 on sale for $80 at newegg

Great Price! Nice Catch..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

There's no excuse at that price. I don't want to hear any more people complaining about all the problems they're having with XP. Some of my co-workers tend to forget that they're rocking a 10 year old OS. Time to upgrade to 7, folks! At this price, I'm half tempted to buy another one for a future computer of mine.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        There's no excuse at that price. I don't want to hear any more people complaining about all the problems they're having with XP. Some of my co-workers tend to forget that they're rocking a 10 year old OS. Time to upgrade to 7, folks! At this price, I'm half tempted to buy another one for a future computer of mine.
        I actually thought about buying one for the wife's laptop (still on Vista), but she doesn't care. Then I realized Windows 8 is supposed to be out this time next year or so, so no point in buying a 2nd copy for myself.

But for anyone out there still on XP/Vista that use their computer a lot, $79 and a fresh install will make your rig much happier to use. In fact, my current Win7 install is about a year old, so I've been meaning to reinstall, just too busy with summer work.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

One thing to keep in mind when buying the OEM version is that it ties the key to the motherboard and supposedly is non-transferable to another system. That is according to the guy at Microcenter when I upgraded my system, but it did make me choose to buy the full version. (which worked out well since my mobo crashed about 3 months ago )
          |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
          I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Originally posted by avenging llama View Post
            One thing to keep in mind when buying the OEM version is that it ties the key to the motherboard and supposedly is non-transferable to another system. That is according to the guy at Microcenter when I upgraded my system, but it did make me choose to buy the full version. (which worked out well since my mobo crashed about 3 months ago )
            I have a OEM and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by avenging llama View Post
              The key will work on another system as long as the first one isn't also using the key. I have several OEM keys that I've moved from system to system the past year or so.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Exactly. I've migrated one OEM copy to a couple systems. No problems at all. As Acreo said above, you just can't use the key on multiple computers at the same time. No biggie...especially at $80 a pop.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

And a 32-bit key will work for 64-bit and vice versa, in case you had a 32-bit key and thought you might need to rebuy a 64-bit copy.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well crap....looks like I got a bit suckered
                    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
                    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X