[Tech Problem] dual monitors - one viewable screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tech Problem] dual monitors - one viewable screen

I'm currently running two monitors, a cheap 19inch and a semi-cheap 23inch. I also just built a new desktop and have run into a "viewing" problem that I didn't have as of last week with the old PC. Both monitors were used with the old system and were carried over, and I don't think the problem is hardware related, but I haven't had any luck resolving it.

Previously I was able to load up TS on the smaller 19inch and then load up a game (BFBC2) on the 23inch and see both monitors while in game. I liked being able to see TS, the CC program for the private server, etc while playing at the same time. Since the new build I can't see both monitors once BFBC2 loads, the smaller 19inch goes black. In the past I would occasionally have this problem but by minimizing the game, clicking on TS, then re-clicking back into the game the problem resolved. I've tried make one or the other monitor the master, alt-tabbing in and out in an attempt to get TS to stick, and searching the web, to no avail.

Is this something I can change in the BC2 setup such as full-screen/not, or does anyone know how I can setup dual monitors so that a game loaded from Steam won't disturb the second monitor. I've found that most problems I have with my setup end up being a check box that I haven't yet found.

I have them set to "extend these displays"
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Re: [Tech Problem] dual monitors - one viewable screen

The fix should be pretty simple. Go to your bfbc2game.exe file. If you bought the game through Steam, go to \Steam\steamapps\common\bafflefield bad company 2. Otherwise just find it in whatever folder it's installed in. Right-click bfbc2game.exe and go to the "Compatibility" tab and check the box for "Disable desktop composition". You might have to click the check box for "Disable visual themes" as well, but I'm not 100% sure. Just try checking the first one and then running the game to see if it works for you now.
    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Re: [Tech Problem] dual monitors - one viewable screen

Thanks Voodoo
      |TG-6th|FYAH29
      "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement