Batch/Script File Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch/Script File Needed

Here is my dilemma. I need some batch program or script to go into the file properties and clear any comments on the file name in the detail field. I have about 80,000 files (music) where some have comments that need to be removed.
    I don't know how to even start this one.

I can manually open and delete, but there has to be a better way..

Thanks!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Batch/Script File Needed

There's no Windows command that I know of that can edit the tag data for music. So perhaps writing a batch script would be out of the question.

I usually use MP3Tag to batch edit my own music files (I also have tons of MP3s, some FLAC, and OGGs ripped from my CD collection). That's how I tag them in bulk, remove comments my ripping program might add, update artists information, etc. It's one of my goto tools tagging music files in batches. It supports MP3s, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, and many other music file formats. However, not every format has the same tag fields, just so you are aware (in case you were hoping to add the same details you might have in a MP3 file to a FLAC for example).

Does that help? Or did you want to do something else?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

All of the files are MP3 (unprotected). I use MediaMonkey for the meta tagging, but there is nothing in the program to "remove a field" in bulk.

I am about to try the program you mentioned to see if it helps...

Thanks!
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Ah, MediaMonkey. I use that too, but more for the album art than tagging.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That recommendation was spot on! It edited 20,000 songs in a couple minutes. I simply highlighted the fields and used the replace <blank> option and bam!!

That saved me all kinds of time, thank you sooo much!!!!

Comment

No problem. Glad I could help. :D
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X