Crackling on Speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackling on Speakers

So anyway, got home from a long weekend and I turned on my computer and my speakers, and I started getting a light crackling noise from the system. So I checked cable connections, then I even plugged the system into my iPod and got no crackling.

I'm not really too sure what to do from here to solve this problem; I haven't changed any hardware or software recently. My soundcard is a SB X-Fi XtremeGamer. Help?

Re: Crackling on Speakers

hmmmm, I have the same card and have had that problem. Mine cleared when I did this:
    step 1 = disconnect all cables
    step 2 = remove the card from the case, blow it off, wipe off the interface bus
    step 3 = re-install....say a hail marry and fire it up.

Worked for me, typically crackling either comes from a loose connection or a bad spot in the cable itself. Worth a shot any way
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I opened the case, and reseated the card. This seemed to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by drbeat View Post
        i opened the case, and reseated the card. This seemed to solve the problem.
        nice!
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X