Anyone running SLI with an AMD CPU?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running SLI with an AMD CPU?

I have a PhenomII X4 and a single GTX460. For BF3, I was thinking I'd grab another 460 and run in SLI, but I'm having trouble finding a decent motherboard that supports AM3 and dual video cards.

Here's the list I'm looking at, is there some different filters I should be running?

Re: Anyone running SLI with an AMD CPU?

This about sums it up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=4944%3A34969

Not many amd boards that do SLI....which is why I switched back to ATI cards. Out of those boards I would do the more expensive asus board....nice feature is it does dual X16 speeds which is nice. I had an earlier version of that board and loved it.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think all the motherboards using the newest AMD 990FX chipset support SLI and those would also give you an upgrade path to Bulldozer down the road I believe.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Good call VooDoo....he is correct the 990FX chipset appears to be both SLI and Crossfire....now that's cool

Just a note, they all use DDR3 memory, not sure what you have.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

hrm.... I guess I'll circle back in sept/oct and see whats out then. Instead of mobo plus another 460, plan B is to use the $300 on a single-card GPU...

Comment

and it would be a hell of a card.....I got away from SLi and went back to a single card....lifes easier and all games support 1 card :D

Comment

Honestly that makes a lot more sense than having to upgrade your motherboard just to support SLI
              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                Honestly that makes a lot more sense than having to upgrade your motherboard just to support SLI
                the new mobo wouldn't just be to get for SLI (I'd also get DDR3, SATA 6, and USB3)... but... yeah, what you said :icon_lol:

thanks for the help guys :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X