No announcement yet.

BSoD's and random computer and monitor shutdowns.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSoD's and random computer and monitor shutdowns.

Okay, it first started when I had a BSoD about 2-3 weeks ago. I had not updated my drivers at the time. When I updated them, everything was smooth until I had another BSoD again, which ended in some memory dump. I also had issues with my monitor randomly shutting off, forcing me to hold down the power button. At one point when I rebooted, the computer INSTANTLY turned off the moment I pressed the power button, then started itself back up! I'm very scared that my computer won't last long.

I already updated my graphic card drivers. My computer is LESS than a year old, but the monitor I'm using is an AOC 16:9 monitor 1366x768 pixels, and it is about five years old. Does chkdsk help at all? I'm about to run it soon but I just want to know if it's going to fix this. I know a virus didn't cause this.

I have Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, and the graphics card is NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB. I forgot my motherboard model if you guys needed that info though =(

Edit: I browsed the forums and I heard about this thing called HD Tune. It said it could fix that a good alternative to chkdsk?

Re: BSoD's and random computer and monitor shutdowns.

What brand is your power supply? How many watts is it (would be great if you could get the +12V rail amperage as well)? What are the specs of your computer (other than what you listed)?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed