BF2 On Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 On Vista

Hey guys....I have finally given up on playing Bad Company with my son due to the connection problem EA has with 2 comps in same house connecting to same server so we have decided to try BF2 vanilla agin. Problem is, we can't get it to install on his Vista machine. IT is a Dell XPS ( http://support.dell.com/support/topi...b=2&~ck=anavml ) Running Vista Ultimate, I have tried installing in compatibility mode, and with UAC off but it just doesn't like BF2. I was able to install it fine on my machine running win7 64 bit, so not sure why it would not work on Vista. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks =)
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: BF2 On Vista

I ended up losing my BF2 CDs from a long time ago, and I was having problems using normal BF2 rips to install on Win 7 64bit which is most likely the same issue you are having. The one where it says in the middle of the installation that it cannot install and exits. Anyways, I ended up downloading a torrent that basically self-extracted itself and was already updated to the latest patch. This way it bypassed the compatibility and injected the registry keys without actually doing a proper install. Now, since you have the CDs I believe there is a way to also install it differently, but since I lost mine that was my only option... I'm just happy I found one that worked.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Are you trying to install the same copy onto a second machine on the same network?
      Last edited by MrMojay; 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hi llama,

For BF2, see this recent discussion and post #13. (The methods for Win 7 are true for Vista as well)

Hope this helps, Zip

:icon_frow
        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
          Are you trying to install the same copy onto a second machine on the same network?
          nope....2 seperate copies (with different cd keys) on 2 machines on same network.

@zippy, thanks for link. will try this evening
          |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
          I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X