Downloadable Windows XP Home edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloadable Windows XP Home edition

The title says all, i recently muffed up my computer and dont have my xp home edition to re install it. I was wondering is there anywhere i can download it and burn it to cd? Thanks!
    Abehep

Re: Downloadable Windows XP Home edition

Originally posted by Craigster
    The title says all, i recently muffed up my computer and dont have my xp home edition to re install it. I was wondering is there anywhere i can download it and burn it to cd? Thanks!
    Not legally, and we don't do warez here.

Comment

ok sorry!:s
      Abehep

Comment

Wait, archival backups on the internet are legal if you've already purchased the software, but dont have the CD and or the CD is scrached... Or at least thats what i thought.

Its like DVD movies right? If you own it, but broke/scrached the disk your able to legaly down load it right?
        Oyee

Comment

I belive the law states that you are entitled to one backup of each media that you own. However, Im sure somewhere in the Microsoft EULA, it states that you dont actualy own the cd or the software, you own the CDKEY. I remember a while back there was a big stink about that in the news, but dont remember what the final outcome was.
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Meaning that if u have the CDKEY than it doesnt matter if you donwload the software off the internet...

Cuz id like to help this guy out.
            Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
              Meaning that if u have the CDKEY than it doesnt matter if you donwload the software off the internet...

Cuz id like to help this guy out.
              I'm pretty sure that distributing copyrighted software is against the law.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ya, i was reading on the internet... That any CD of Windows is copywrited (Thats why there pretty looking, with the anti-copy/anti-fraud) so, ya, downloading any verison of windows, including Win95 is illegal...

Sorry dude.
                Oyee

Comment

It feels like I've answered this question before. Call Microsoft. You're a Microsoft customer and can prove it. I'm sure they won't mind sending you another copy of the installation disc.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

sarc was that sarcastic or for real..cuase if so imma cal them and get some of my cds replaced!
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

You can call them, they should give you a new CD, but typically in cases like this they'll charge you a nominal fee for the replacement CD, anywhere from $10-$25 I believe. That or they'll give you a new CD and a new key, disable the old one and there you go.

Comment

Alternatively if you bought your software pre-installed from a supplier (ie HP, Dell) etc, then Microsfot may tell you to bog off, or charge you a large fee. This is because Microsoft passes on the software cheap to these computer companies (so they can seel it back to you cheap).

The downside is that Microsoft refuse to support it.

The upside is that the people you bought it off have to supply you with the media. Thus you may need to call them instead. (in fact if you know the cd key you can check this on the microsoft website. I'll try and locate the link for you later (when not at work...).

Comment

there is nothing illegal about owning the media, since the media is nothing without the keycode, it becomes illegal when it is installed without a legit keycode and COA. The media IS copyrighted, but with every legal COA, you are entitled to a media, and a backup of that media. the method to which you get the media...... grey area. As I said in another thread, if you own a legal copy, I seriously doubt you getting the matching replacement media from a friend will send the microsoft dream-team into legal overtime chasing you down.
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Thanks.. I please need some follow up on where to get download windows xp.. I did ring microsoft.. as you said, i got told to bog off basiclly, they told me to ring up hp, they told me it's gonna cost me about 80 for a replacement, i got annoyed and put the phone down xD, So.. any suggestion were i can find a download of windows xp home? Thanks guys.
                            Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X