Need sound card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need sound card

I just got a new headset, the Tritton PC510HDa....but now, my speakers and my headset are making a lot of noise. It is almost like a digital scratchy noise that is fairly quiet, but it is very annoying when nothing is going on. From the limited research I have done, and from talking to some of the guys on BC2, I may need a sound card since I am using the sound from my mobo, Asrock, extreme 6. What recommendations do you all have? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Need sound card

My first recommendation, check to see if your onboard audio needs a driver update. That may solve any problems you're currently experiencing. If not, for your needs I wouldn't get anything more than the ASUS PCI 5.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR DG for ~$25-30 as it's a great entry level sound card that won't kill your wallet. If you were driving some serious headphones, or other equipment and/or you were upgrading from an entry level card then I would recommend something else, but that card I recommended will still be a great deal better than your onboard. Plus, here's a rebate form for $10 back which makes this card more than worth it at that price (rebate ends 9/30).
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I've read about this problem on this headset before, unfortunately that thread didn't get an answer. Having owned the AX PC Pro back a couple years ago, I do have a few suggestions for you.

Make sure you have your connections plugged in correctly. If I understand, you have to have the USB and 3.5 connectors connected at all times to power the device correctly.
      Update your Realtek drivers for your motherboard.
      Check that your settings for your speakers at set up for 5.1 in the windows sounds or realtek control panel.
      Lastly, and perhaps the most important, try different volume settings. Either:
      Turn the windows volume control up all the way and turn down you inline volume control
      Turn the windows volume control down almost all the way and turn up your inline volume control

Turning up the windows volume and turning down the inline control is most likely to be your answer. the inline control is typically very shoddy compared to others and not well isolated, so you want to keep it turned down as much as possible. Hope this helps.

It's likely that the fuzz in the line you are hearing is from the headset and not the sound chip, so it is unlikely that a new sound card will help you. That's my opinion.
      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Originally posted by ChachyMcBalls View Post
        What recommendations do you all have?
        Check the in-line audio control. A lot of the time, those inline controls on headphones (and especially headsets) are made using extremely cheap parts and labor, regardless of whether the actual headphones themselves are of high quality (which is frustrating, given a $200 set of headphones could stand to use something better than a flimsy resistance-based switch connected to the ****ing wire). Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it but find a spot at an acceptable setting that doesn't cause the static and just leave it there, as a replacement isn't necessarily going to be an improvement.

Comment

Thanks you for your responses. I updated the Realtek drivers and that actually made things worse. No worries though.

I went through all of the settings in my realtek audio manager, and I got the problem solved. Under "Device Advanced Settings", I set it so my speakers running off of the front output (yep, forgot to put that in the thread, my bad) and my headset running off the rear output get different audio streams. This solved it. Now, when I am watching a movie using my speakers, I just need to flip the output in my audio manager. Thanks again for you help.

I am new to TG, and so far my experience has been great.

Comment

NP man, glad I could help.
            -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X