No announcement yet.

Computer shuts off on own

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer shuts off on own

I need some help pinpointing why (out of no where) my computer will shut off. I will play ArmA PR and out of nowhere the machine will shut off. I am not sure if my PSU is going bad, something is over heating? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,seg

Re: Computer shuts off on own

Do you have an error messages when it happens? Or does it just shut completely off -- as if the power was cut from your house?

Also, make sure you turn off the automatic restart feature -- which you can get to by right clicking "My Computer -> Advanced System Settings -> Startup and Recovery"

Automatic restart = off
    logging = on (set to the small, minidump type)

That way, if the computer 'is' going to give you a message, it will let you view it and make a file for it so you can review it at another date.

Lets start from there and see what can find out.

|TG| Eudiphon

"But in contemplating history as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom
    of states, and the virtue of individuals have been sacrificed, a question necessarily arises:
    To what principle, to what final purpose, have these monstrous sacrifices been offered?"
    - G.W.F. Hegel Reason in History

Make sure you aren't over heating. When I started play World of Tanks I had a similar problem and I notched back the graphics a bit and everything works okay now.
      The Old Guy

I'll also go with overheating, either the CPU or the vid card. Check the fans if you don't have a utility to monitor their temps.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Have you changed anything on your rig recently. Any upgrades at all? What video card are you running? I was having similar crashes recently and it ended up being my ram. Computer would just crash and restart. Please post rig setup.

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed