Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS announces Ivy Bridge PCI-Express motherboards

I was running through Engadget.com a few mins ago and spotted this:

Link- ASUS announces Ivy Bridge PCI-Express motherboards, for early early-adopters

At first I thought it was a typo, and they meant to write Sandy Bridge.
    But it turns out Asus went ahead and is releasing 3 models of motherboards that won't have a CPU for at least a few months.

Interesting part is it already includes PCI-E 3.0 (though not completly necessary right now) and USB 3.0. The chart lists Bluetooth turbo remote as a feature, which I'm going to have to look into for more details.

Anyway, I'm keeping up with Ivy Bridge news since it will be a great time to upgrade shortly after BF3 is released.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: ASUS announces Ivy Bridge PCI-Express motherboards

This is why I'm waiting a few months to upgrade. I guess Z68 is going to be around for awhile then?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Most of the Z/P/H 6x series chipsets are supposed to be compatible with Ivy bridge given the motherboard makers implemented the rest of the necessary features on the motherboards and that they provide BIOS support for the new CPUs.

A new set of chipsets will be offered as well. Check out this article for some info:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4830/i...ecture-exposed
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I read that Ivy Bridge chips aren't coming out until 2012. I've heard February as a rough estimate. On the other hand, Sandy Bridge-E is going to debut in November.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
          I read that Ivy Bridge chips aren't coming out until 2012. I've heard February as a rough estimate. On the other hand, Sandy Bridge-E is going to debut in November.
          Mostly what I've heard as well. Of course the SB-E will probably be out of most of TG member's price range.
          Samsung has just gotten their new 22nm line of RAM up and running for the next gen SSDs which we should be seeing about the same time as Ivy, so it will be a killer time to upgrade.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X