Chrome Prepares To Overtake Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Prepares To Overtake Firefox

The Google-backed browser will pass Firefox to take the No. 2 spot behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) no later than December, according to one Web statistics firm.......

http://www.infoworld.com/d/applicati...pup_2011-09-29

|

Re: Chrome Prepares To Overtake Firefox

I run them side-by-side. FF mostly for Chatzilla (my IRC client), and Chrome for web browsing. I found FF just slowed down too much, and my addon list doesn't look that heavy-weight. I just wish Chrome had a decent replacement for NoScript.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I used to love FF, but somewhere along the line it lost its "zing"

Comment

I've never used FF. I went straight from IE to Chrome. Haven't looked back since.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, until Chrome lets me ignore YouTube ads, I'll stick with the bloatation device FF seems to be at this point.

Comment

FF user for years until last september when I was building a new computer. Chrome hasn't disappointed yet.
            Skud

Comment

New version of FF7 just released and feels so much faster.

All I can say about the news post is

NNNNNNNNNNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo............ ............

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I was running Opera 10 and 11 for a little while back towards the start of this year and liked it at the time. Once FF4 released I went back to Mozilla. FF6 and now 7 just seem to be slower and more bloated than I'm accustomed to though, so now I'm giving Chrome a try. I browser hop a lot I suppose, I guess I just have this urge to try the latest and greatest thing.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I definitely saw this coming. I personally like Chrome waaaaay more than Firefox, but only because I only do basic web surfing and my main concern is speed, which Chrome seems to have much more of.

Comment

Personally I've been putting up with Firefox and have not made the switch over to Chrome (even though I have Chrome along with every other major browser installed for testing purposes). There are just a few add-ons that don't exist in Chrome that I have come to rely on heavily in my web browsing and every day usage (Download Statusbar, Adblock Plus, Awesome Screenshot, DownloadHelper, Firesizer, InvisibleHand, and Lazarus: Form Recovery). Until Chrome has these add-ons, I'll still be using FF.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I moved to Chrome only because I had a really weird text corruption issue in FF that I couldn't fix (or a re-install, or help from FF staff) which made some of the sites I frequented unbearable.

I do like Chrome, and I started using it after I used it on my Netbook for some extra speed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X