Replacement for Logitech Revolution mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for Logitech Revolution mouse

My mouse is throwing phantom double-clicks when I single-click, apparently the result of a failing microswitch. At some point I'll tear the mouse apart and replace the switch, but meanwhile I want to buy a replacement.

I took a look at refurbished Revolutions on Amazon and the mouse is so well-liked that they're now selling for double the original price. The recommended replacement is the Performance. Anyone want to suggest something else? I really want wireless and laser, and lots of buttons for MMO play.

Here's the Performance on Amazon: Order from Amazon.com

Here's the Revolution refurb: Order from Amazon.com
    Last edited by ScratchMonkey; 10-02-2011, 01:40 AM. Reason: model name is Performance, not Professional
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Replacement for Logitech Revolution mouse

Here's a nice guide showing the guts of the Revolution:

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I'd also recommend the Performance MX. It is (in Logitech's lineup) the successor to the Revolution. The reason why the Rev is being sold at 2x normal price is that it's a discontinued mouse. Whatever stores have in stock, that's probably the last of them. Guess they're making one of those stupid business decisions to jack the price up hoping people will shell out the cash for one given the popularity of the mouse still.

The tilted thumb buttons take some getting used to and your grip will change slightly. So just beware of that.

If you don't like the button placement (thumb) of the Performance MX, take a look at my old MX1100: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-1100-.../dp/B001DJ64C0

It's also a discontinued mouse, but at least the new/old ones weren't that much more expensive than the mouse when it originally released (street price new back then was ~$70). I see a "used" in the Amazon link above for $24. Would be a nice holdover until you either fix your Rev or find another mouse you like.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I decided to get the Performance. It's a drop-in replacement for the Revolution in size and weight and shape. I'd never used the thumb wheel, so I only miss it in the abstract sense that it's lack was pointed out in reviews and I could have been using it all this time for World of Warcraft functions. Now I gotta see what function I can hook up to the "stealth" thumb button at the edge of the rest.

I like that I can charge it with a micro-USB cable. The Revolution's charge contacts were also getting cruddy and it took finicky placement on the charging stand to get it to start to charge. I have other devices that use the same charge cable. I put my Droid on it when I first get up in the morning, and my newest bluetooth, a Jawbone ICON, charges with it.

It came with the mouse wheel in free wheel mode which I found disconcerting. I hit the button in front of the wheel (takes a bit more force than expected to actuate) to switch it to "cogging" mode and that feels more comfortable to me. (The Revolution auto-switches between modes, but I don't know what its decision matrix is for doing so.)

So far the "darkfield" laser is working better than the Revolution's desk-sensing technology. I haven't run into cat hair problems. A single hair in my mouse area would make the Revolution go crazy, so I was constantly sweeping the desk for tiny hairs. I don't recall having to do that at all this week. I cleaned the area for other reasons this morning and there were quite a few small hairs that would have been impossible to live with using the Revolution.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X