Any Mobo Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Mobo Recommendations?

So I am going to run a i5 - 2500k and a GTX 570.

I am really looking for just a solid board that is not going to crap out on me or have weird issues. OCing is something I might do down the road but I do not need a crazy quality board to keep voltage/temp down just something to get a decent boost.

I have been looking at ASRock but I am hesitant with them as I have not heard of them before (they seem to be getting good reviews). Also I do not really care for any of the features on the Z68 chipset so really Z^* or p67 is fine for me.

So any recommendations?

Re: Any Mobo Recommendations?

I have the ASUS P8 P67 PRO. Havn't had issues with it yet. plus the extra 3.0 USB ports come in handy:)

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
      I have the ASUS P8 P67 PRO. Havn't had issues with it yet. plus the extra 3.0 USB ports come in handy:)
      Ya I have heard a lot of good things about that board. How long have you been running it?

Comment

Originally posted by RedTalon View Post
        Ya I have heard a lot of good things about that board. How long have you been running it?
        For a month. i5-2500K running on it aswell.

Comment

I can't think of a reason to go with any motherboard other than Asus right now. They have the best reputation for motherboards, easily the best UEFI BIOS implementation right now and they have pretty much all the pricepoints covered.

Search for Asus P8Z68 on newegg.com and you will come across their lineup. The Asus P8Z68-V is pretty good at $180. You can get the cheaper P8Z68-V LE for $140 if you're trying to save some money. You'd have to take a look and see what features it's missing though and determine if those features are important or not.
          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

When I purchased my newest rig a few years ago, for some sick twisted reason I convinced myself to get a custom laptop... And here I am wanting to jump in a fire.

Would any mobo fit in a laptop? I have a full size gaming laptop.

I found this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131757

Which is to be paired with this CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819111023 ... Apparently mobile CPUs disappeared..... It almost seems worth buying a whole new desktop for that price....

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

Nah those 2 items wont work together. Desktop board wont go in a laptop and plus its the wrong socket for that processor.As far as the custom laptop upgrading. It'd be overpriced and take a lot of work almost certainly.If you show us the setup you have it'd help determine the level of very difficult it would be.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                I can't think of a reason to go with any motherboard other than Asus right now. They have the best reputation for motherboards, easily the best UEFI BIOS implementation right now and they have pretty much all the pricepoints covered.

Search for Asus P8Z68 on newegg.com and you will come across their lineup. The Asus P8Z68-V is pretty good at $180. You can get the cheaper P8Z68-V LE for $140 if you're trying to save some money. You'd have to take a look and see what features it's missing though and determine if those features are important or not.
                I'm in the same boat trying to pick a mobo. I don't want to spend more than $150. And I don't intend to do a dual card setup. But on that note, I see where details will list that a mobo has one PCIe slot at x16, and one at x4. Both need to be x16 for dual card setup, right? Just for clarity's sake.

I saw one comment in the feedback on the LE model that I wanted to ask about. I'll probably end up running all four slots for RAM, so does this have a point here, that it doesn't do 4 slot configs well?

List of supported RAM configurations is very restrictive with only geil supported at 16gb.

Other Thoughts: Though I strongly suspect that everything would have worked great had I opted for a non-'LE' board instead (even the standard p8z68-v). It just seems that running with the 4 sticks demand the beefier 16-phase boards.
                Edit: Ok, how about this one from the same series as Kwalc, for just a few dollars more. It says it supports crossfire and has bluetooth (I could get rid of the pesky dongle). I just don't like buying things from newegg that don't have almost all 4 and 5 marks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&SID=u00000626
                Last edited by SuperDudeBT; 11-01-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azura View Post
                  When I purchased my newest rig a few years ago, for some sick twisted reason I convinced myself to get a custom laptop... And here I am wanting to jump in a fire.

Would any mobo fit in a laptop? I have a full size gaming laptop.

I found this mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131757

Which is to be paired with this CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819111023 ... Apparently mobile CPUs disappeared..... It almost seems worth buying a whole new desktop for that price....
                  Yeah, from my experience fixing a Macbook Pro laptop (and I'm assuming PC laptops work the same way), the motherboard, processor, and graphics card are all integrated onto one board. So if you're going to upgrade your laptop, it has to be a board from the same series of laptops from what you originally bought. That's assuming you didn't buy the top of the line one any way, in which case, there's nothing to upgrade to. Ebay is the main place to go.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X