Connection Error.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Error.

About 10 times per map on BF2 i recieve the error: "You are having problems with your connection". It lasts for about 10 sec then the game resumes. is anyone else experiencing this prob? it's VERY frustrating, especially when i am driving the squad around....i come back and we are off a cliff! i'm going to search the BF 2 forums, but figured i'd post here first to see if this is a common problem.

yeah, that wasn't helpful. any simple solutions i should try?

i have cable access.
    Motorola Modem (tried my friends...still had issues)
    Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (updated drivers & reinstalled)
    Changed settings in game to T1 instead of lan.
    tried to install optimizer (didn't help)
    updated Firewall, placed settings on low. (do i really want to shut this off?)

any suggestons?

ok, i am pretty much a complete moron when it comes to these things...so use small words. :)

Thanks.

Dirt013
    Last edited by Dirt013; 07-25-2005, 11:42 PM.
    Dirt013

Re: Connection Error.

Hi Dirt! Is this an old problem, or has it just started to occur?

Comment

I have the same thing and as those that were on TS last night know, its a pain in the fourth point of contact.

I was fine with original install and the first patch. This really started for me upon the installation of the second patch.

Since then the rig collapsed and I had to rebuild. So I've reinstalled the game a couple of times. Windows reinstalled once. I've dropped down to 1.5 Gb Ram due to a compatability issue...but aside I don't know what is going on.

Very frustrating. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I had this problem with the first release -- I would get that message and get dropped from the game, often more than once per map. But after the patch it does not happen anymore at all.

Apparently, in fixing one thing, they've screwed up something else.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Hey bro, what Video card are you using and what Drivers?

Also, I'm really hard put to turn off my Firewall when I'm playing any games even though a lot recommend it. However, I do shut off my Anti-Virus auto protect and that seems to help a bit.

Last night, 7/26, I was having a ton of issues with the private server however the public servers were just fine. (outside of some stuttering now and again.)

I'd also re-set your settings to "Cable" instead of T1. Not 100%, but I've heard rumors that using the T1 setting causes the game to send more packets than your cable connection can keep up with.

Again, just a rumor but something to consider.
          It's all in the Reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
            Hi Dirt! Is this an old problem, or has it just started to occur?

This has been an ongoing problem since i started playing the game. i do not believe the patches have anything to do with it.

Dirt013
            Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
              Hey bro, what Video card are you using and what Drivers?

Also, I'm really hard put to turn off my Firewall when I'm playing any games even though a lot recommend it. However, I do shut off my Anti-Virus auto protect and that seems to help a bit.

Last night, 7/26, I was having a ton of issues with the private server however the public servers were just fine. (outside of some stuttering now and again.)

I'd also re-set your settings to "Cable" instead of T1. Not 100%, but I've heard rumors that using the T1 setting causes the game to send more packets than your cable connection can keep up with.

Again, just a rumor but something to consider.
              Hey Nem...i'm using a GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E with the drivers that came with the game. I don't think it's the card though. also, it doesn't seem to matter wether i use Lan or T1, either way i have problems.

i'll turn off the auto protect though, maybe that will help.

Thanks.

Dirt013
              Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
                Hey Nem...i'm using a GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E with the drivers that came with the game. I don't think it's the card though. also, it doesn't seem to matter wether i use Lan or T1, either way i have problems.

i'll turn off the auto protect though, maybe that will help.

Thanks.

Dirt013
                Well, Phooey.

One other thing to ask, I'm assuming you're running a 3rd party Firewall/Anti-virus? (IE: Norton, Zone Alarm etc?)

If you are, do you have the Windows firewall shut off? I've known people that haven't done this and it has caused problems at times because the firewalls will conflict over what one is allowing that the other isn't.

Not an up to date Techie, so take all I say with a couple grains of salt. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                  Well, Phooey.

One other thing to ask, I'm assuming you're running a 3rd party Firewall/Anti-virus? (IE: Norton, Zone Alarm etc?)

If you are, do you have the Windows firewall shut off? I've known people that haven't done this and it has caused problems at times because the firewalls will conflict over what one is allowing that the other isn't.

Not an up to date Techie, so take all I say with a couple grains of salt. ;)

Yeah, i did disable the windows firewall and anti-virus to avoid conflicts.

thanks for the suggestions Nem...i know you're just trying to get me back in game so you can frag me! :P

Dirt013
                  Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
                    Yeah, i did disable the windows firewall and anti-virus to avoid conflicts.

thanks for the suggestions Nem...i know you're just trying to get me back in game so you can frag me! :P

Dirt013

Damn, I've been found out!!!

CURSES!!!

;)

I know how much it can suck to have connection/game issues when all you want to do is play a game you really enjoy. So I totally feel for ya bro.

If I can think of any other un-helpful things, I'll post them up. hehe

Comment

Dirt, does this happen on all the servers?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Tempus, for me it happens on all TG servers. I've not tried others, for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Dirt, does this happen on all the servers?
                          Yeah, Tempus....although nothing like this EVER happened when playing CS:S.

Dirt013
                          Dirt013

Comment

Just did a test. I doesn't occur on EA ranked servers. What does that mean?

Comment

I'm not sure.. Dirt, can you see if you still have problems on other servers?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X