DVD Ripping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Ripping

My wife and I just bought a new vehicle from Chevy with a digital media system in it. It has a 40 Gig hard drive that is accessed throught the head unit of the stereo, and allows you to copy your mp3 files and Mpeg movies to the drive. In theory it's great, the mp3 part works really well, but the video part only supports MPEG4 (MPEG1 & MPEG2 are going to be supported in future updates). So my question is, how do I rip the DVDs that I own to my hard drive in MPEG4 format?
    I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Re: DVD Ripping

Doom9 is a great resource for getting started with DVD ripping.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I also suggest looking into a program called AutoGK or Auto Guardian Knot, this program will allow for ripping and encoding of dvd's from a fairly intuitive interface.

Comment

DVD ripping is a pain in the ass... takes several hours to get a good encode. Good luck
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

there is an awesome program targeted at pda users, but will work for you as well..... I think it exports Xvid and divx though.....

there is abnother program called Womble Video Wizard that (though it costs 100.00) is FANTASTIC at editing mpeg2. it outputs to anything you have a codec installed for.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
            DVD ripping is a pain in the ass... takes several hours to get a good encode. Good luck
            This is very true. I would just consider purchasing a small DVD player and stashing it in the car.

Comment

No its not, you take Auto GK, pop in a dvd, set it up, hit go, and go to bed. When you wake up you have a dvd all ripped and encoded.

Comment

The AutoGK website: http://www.autogk.me.uk/

I've used the regular Gordian Knot before and it really is a great tool. It's simple and easy to use.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by TEMM
                  No its not, you take Auto GK, pop in a dvd, set it up, hit go, and go to bed. When you wake up you have a dvd all ripped and encoded.
                  That's a lot of time you have to devote. What if all of a sudden you didn't want to watch the movie that you ripped and you wanted to watch another one but it wasn't ripped? Why would you want to forcast what movie you want to watch? I guess it depends how many dvds you own.

Comment

X2 4400.... and a multitask enabled Ripper and woooooooohoooooooo its fast baby
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                      That's a lot of time you have to devote. What if all of a sudden you didn't want to watch the movie that you ripped and you wanted to watch another one but it wasn't ripped? Why would you want to forcast what movie you want to watch? I guess it depends how many dvds you own.
                      It also depends on what you're ripping it for; Hemm's in a boat like me where he wants portable kid entertainment. Planning that ahead is never a bad thing, and the odds that my daughter WON'T want to watch Barbie as The Princess and The Pauper is pretty damn slim.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                        It also depends on what you're ripping it for; Hemm's in a boat like me where he wants portable kid entertainment. Planning that ahead is never a bad thing, and the odds that my daughter WON'T want to watch Barbie as The Princess and The Pauper is pretty damn slim.
                        I heard Barbie as the Princess is a must see :O

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X