Upgrade me for BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade me for BF3

Any suggestions on what to upgrade? I would like to upgrade a component or two. I don't want to spend the cash building a new rig, but I will if I have to. Thanx

My specs are

Q9550
    Ati 6870
    DDR2 3G
    sata harddrives
    Asus P5B-deluxe motherboard
    Windows 7
    Before all else, be armed.

Re: Upgrade me for BF3

The cheapest upgrade I see is to (as long as you're running 64 bit Windows) is to upgrade your ram from 3g to 4 or 8 gigs. Other than that requires a new board and a new processor. I'm in the same boat as you with the same quad core.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Thanks.

No 64Bit. I'm wondering if I should buy another 6870 + power supply to boost my fps.

Comment

Right now your 32-bit windows is holding you back. The best upgrade you could do for BF3 would be to pick up another 6870 and run two of them in crossfire. The only issue with that is the memory limitation of running a 32-bit operating system. Any hardware in your computer that has it's own memory will take up a slice of the 4GB limitation of a 32-bit OS. So if each 6870 has 1GB of memory, Windows would only allow you to make use of 2GB out of your 3GB of system memory.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I think your fine on video I run a 5870 and the game plays fine.
          Is go with a OS upgrade to 64 bit. A newer MB and 8+ gigs of memory.
          Sarcoma.

Comment

I was worried about nothing. With my specs the game runs great at medium on 1680x1050.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X