Setting up Teamspeak on Android

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Teamspeak on Android

So, Teamspeak has an official Android client now. I have a hard enough time getting my PC and Mac client working, with the UID, tokens, etc. I simply can't get the Android one working, even though I seem to have the same settings as on PC. Can anyone help? I'll probably rarely use it, but it'll be fun to try out.

Re: Setting up Teamspeak on Android

SuperDude, I had the same problem. What you have to do is the opposite of what you think. Generate the UID on your phone and transfer that to your PC so that your computer matches your phone instead of having your phone match your computer. Also, do this in the DEFAULT profile or it wont work. After that, make sure you update your UID on the site here and you should be just fine.

Also, unless you're using it on wifi, it pretty much sucks. The latency is horrible.

Comment

Hmm. Ok, when I bring up my identities on my PC client, I can't change the UID, even if I make a new one. I can however, change it on my phone..

Comment

I remember mucking about with the identities until it worked...not sure what order I did what to make it work, but I think I had to export my identity to get the full data out of a txt file and email it to my phone or something. May have been overkill, but it has something to do with the id for sure.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

interesting, couldn't you just generate a new UID for your phone and link it to your TG account?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
            I remember mucking about with the identities until it worked...not sure what order I did what to make it work, but I think I had to export my identity to get the full data out of a txt file and email it to my phone or something. May have been overkill, but it has something to do with the id for sure.
            Finally got it working by doing this. Go into your identity on your PC, export it. Open that file in a text editor. Copy the full string of your identity key. It's much much longer than what shows up on the previous window (probably 5 or 6 times longer). Send that text to your phone in whatever way you want, copy that, and paste it into Teamspeak on your phone. Make sure it didn't add spaces in it-- mine did when copying from Facebook and Gmail turned it to Chinese characters for some reason. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X