Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget bf3 computer

I need help.

I am looking into building a computer capable of running bf3 on medium or low. This is a low budget tower so some things are not as important to me as others... I plan on upgrading parts later in order to keep up with things...

This is an AMD build using the AM3+ socket. The budget will be around $600.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: budget bf3 computer

What parts do you have that can be reused?(monitor)(power supply)(mouse/keyboard)(a copy of windows vista/7)
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Just throwing it out there. I have a phenomII 945 3.0ghz and a hexacore stock cooler ill let go for 70$. Cooler has never been installed and its pretty beefy....good amount of copper on it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
        What parts do you have that can be reused?(monitor)(power supply)(mouse/keyboard)(a copy of windows vista/7)
        This information is critical for anybody trying to give you helpful advice
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I have a copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I do not have an LCD, I have a mouse and keyboard, I need a new power supply, and I need a new case.

By the way Ven, would that Phenom II work in a AM3+ socket?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Sounds like you already have an AM3+ socket motherboard? Do you already have RAM, hard drive, graphics card, maybe even a CPU? Maybe I should ask you what parts you specifically need for your upgrade.
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

just so we can get this clear:

I need:

motherboard (looking at an AM3+ socket)
              GPU
              CPU + heatsink/fan
              Ram
              HDD
              Screen
              DVD drive
              power supply (because I think the current one is broken)

I am working on getting a case right now.

Comment

I have a lower end quad (Q9550) and a mid range grahics card (560 TI 1gb) and I can run BF3 on high
                You dont need to spend a lot of money, maybe a second hand MB and CPU

EDIT
                in the frostbite 2 engine I would advise ddr3 1333mhz as the min, dont go into ddr 800mhz territory, thats my advice

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  I have a copy of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I do not have an LCD, I have a mouse and keyboard, I need a new power supply, and I need a new case.

By the way Ven, would that Phenom II work in a AM3+ socket?
                  Yes am3 works fine in am3+

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                    I have a lower end quad (Q9550) and a mid range grahics card (560 TI 1gb) and I can run BF3 on high
                    You dont need to spend a lot of money, maybe a second hand MB and CPU

EDIT
                    in the frostbite 2 engine I would advise ddr3 1333mhz as the min, dont go into ddr 800mhz territory, thats my advice
                    I have the exact same card and processor, with 8g of DDR2 memory, and I can run everything on high with a decent resolution and Anti-Aliasing. This game is fairly well optimized.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

here are the parts I am looking at right now:
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131767
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.761893
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127599
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233132

I do have an old screen that works just fine so I'll use that for now.
                      Last edited by BeSiege82; 11-09-2011, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I recommend this memory

http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=20-231-311

Comment

Was offering up suggestions over Xfire. Reposting them here:

CPU Cooler
                          Hyper 212+ ($26): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065

This is assuming BeSiege buys the Phenom II X4 945 Ven is offering. Better cooler and lets him OC the chip when and if he feels like it.

Case
                          NZXT Beta Evo ($45): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146059

I feel this is a much better case than the CM Elite 310 you linked to in the combo (or the other case from the other combo deal). The front panel I/O ports are on top so if you put your rig on the floor like I do, they are within easy reach. Better airflow overall. HDD bay isn't blocking air intake from the front fan like it is in the Elite 310. Two top and two side fans offer a lot of airflow. Bottom mounted PSU so it isn't pulling hot air from the rest of your components, only cool air from the floor/bottom. All black interior and screwless mounting a added plus.

Power Supply
                          Antec Neo Eco 520W ($55): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371030

Offers more power for slightly more cost.

Corsair CX600 600W ($70): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139028

Offers even more power for demanding power hungry upgrades down the road. I recommend this PSU.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

One thing that was wondering about was the type of optical drive I should buy and what brand to look into. I don't really burn things all that often...

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                              One thing that was wondering about was the type of optical drive I should buy and what brand to look into. I don't really burn things all that often...
                              Then just buy any SATA DVD burner. I'd recommend staying away from NEC or Sony if you can help it. LG, Samsung, Lite-On are the ones I usually recommend or buy. Personally, I prefer Lite-Ons for the reliability (1 dead out of 9), even if they are the loudest drives around.

Now if you back up a lot of data, I would have recommended looking at a Blu-Ray burner. BD-Rs may still be less cost effective than DVDs, but you can also have fewer disks around and don't have to split up a series of files as often.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X