Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Unveiled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Unveiled

This is making the rounds on all the tech sites this morning. I'm a bit torn and having a hard time talking myself out of picking one up vs. waiting for the Windows8 tablets out sometime next year.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/eee...a-3,13931.html

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/t...splay-12-hour/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5073/a...tegra-3-tablet

Those specs look pretty amazing for a tablet. I just wish they had a full size SD slot on the tablet and not just on the keyboard. Has anyone ever seen a SD to micro-SD converter of some kind. I know they make a ton of micro-sd to SD ones. This would be awesome for shooting stuff with my gopro on work trips and then letting everyone view it right there.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime Unveiled

What I'm seeing: Incremental improvements. Better chip, better battery life, lighter, thinner, more portable.

What I'm not seeing: Any mention of fixing of problems that have affected my enjoyment of the TF101. Namely, very low volume from the speakers, embarrassingly low quality stills in anything but ideal light conditions, and the two huge ones; key presses on the dock not registering on the tablet, and the impossible to turn off touch-to-click trackpad.

Bamboo, what is making you want to pick this one up when you (I'm assuming) didn't go for the previous model?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Comment

Those specs look pretty amazing for a tablet. Eventhough i'de never buy one(I dont find them usefull), I think this should be a fairly good buy.

Comment

Looks good and the fact that it's tablet pad part netbook gives it a better chance than most products on their own. If I was in the market for tablet this would be a serious contender.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
          What I'm seeing: Incremental improvements. Better chip, better battery life, lighter, thinner, more portable.

What I'm not seeing: Any mention of fixing of problems that have affected my enjoyment of the TF101. Namely, very low volume from the speakers, embarrassingly low quality stills in anything but ideal light conditions, and the two huge ones; key presses on the dock not registering on the tablet, and the impossible to turn off touch-to-click trackpad.

Bamboo, what is making you want to pick this one up when you (I'm assuming) didn't go for the previous model?
          I was considering picking up the previous model, but kept talking myself out of it while trying to hold off till Windows8 tablets. The wife wants that so she can use it on biz trips she goes on a few times a month. Probably would have gotten one also till I had to spend $5,000 on a new AC for the house this summer.

I have read a bunch of articles on the first one, and know about some issue which I'll be looking for reports of fixes in reviews of the new model before I buy.
          Just about every comment from buyers I have read in articles says this is the best thing other than an Ipad, and the first one is much cheaper. I have seen crazy cheap deals on Newegg and other places.

I just feel like I should get a tablet to kill time with. Right now for work I take groups on adventure trips with bus rides up to 5 hours each way, and my 3g Iphone just doesn't cut it. Also want something that can handle PDFs and word docs, which this can.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

While looking for some stuff about standard SD to microSD converts came across an interesting forum for owners:
            http://www.transformerforums.com/index.php

So far all I can find is this kind of hack job looking thing:
            http://www.dealextreme.com/p/sd-to-m...r-module-27001

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I was just given a Motorola Xoom tablet at work and I like it so far. I really want a tablet but I cannot justify the cost. If they can make a decent tablet in the $100-200 range I'd be all for it. No way I'm spending $500 on one.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Amazon Fire Spyder?

Comment

Wow, someone already posted a hands on with an early review sample:
                  http://translate.google.com/translat...ime-tegra-3%2F

I can't believe it's thinner than an Iphone4. Better read that link quick in case Asus forces it down.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X