Clear All

• how about this?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...FS-NDW&cat=HDD
    80g Sata 3 Raptor drive for 49.99 + Free shipping

good deal?

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Re: how about this?

Those 80GB 10k RPM drives aren't as fast as newer 500GB, 1TB 7200RPM drives. You're better off waiting for hard drive prices to come back down.
    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I actually have one of those brand new sitting in the wrapper. It has a 5 year warranty, and mine gave out after 4.5 years so they sent me a new one. After looking at some speed tests, it turns out that as Voodoo said a good 1TB drive is faster, and not nearly as loud. I had already installed Windows on another drive while I was waiting on shipping from WD, so didn't both reinstalling to the Raptor.

They sell really cheap on Ebay right now, and I wouldn't mind selling mine for about $40.

And of course a good SSD blows them both away, which is what I'm looking for now.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I bought a 120GB SSD drive with 500MB read and write per second for ~$150 and I saw them advertised for $120. Much faster than those 'raptors'.

Comment

I currently have a 64g SSD Crucial M4 on firmware 009. It has BF3, windows 7 64bit, TS, and that's it. Just looking for a drive to install other games on. I was really really hoping the same drive I currently have would have come up with the cyber Monday deals but didn't happen.
          Thinking back I should have grabbed 2 back on the labor day special when I got my SSD for $68 + free shipping :( Poor laps in judgement on my part

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...