No announcement yet.

Running Autodesk Inventor R11 on Windows 7

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Autodesk Inventor R11 on Windows 7

I have just got a new laptop with windows 7 and am trying to run Autodesk Inventor R11. I can run it in the XP mode but it does not work very good, is there any way to run it on Windows 7?

Re: Running Autodesk Inventor R11 on Windows 7

Have you tried running R11 with XP mode compatibility?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Running Autodesk Inventor R11 on Windows 7

You have r11? Not sure it has native x64 support, you are supposed to pay up and upgrade to Autodesk Inventor 2010 or Inventor 2011 I think.

Your choice would be to install a 32bit OS, then download a Ramdisk program and put unaddressed RAM (over the 32bit OS's 4G limit) into a RamDisk and use that as the swap file.
      A slimmed WinXP Pro x32 SP3 install is probably best.

IV 11 is old enough that there is probably no longer upgrade pricing available.

Edit: For about US$20 you can buy Dataram Ramdisk, it's the Ramdisk software I use. Of course, there are many good ramdisk software programs out there, a free one is Gavotte's Ramdisk , still being developed for 32bit OS by Chinese programmers.
      litoralis, litoralis, litorale, adj (Latin)
      1. of the seashore
      2. Beach bum

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed