Need help selecting new phone [ATT]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help selecting new phone [ATT]

I'm due for an upgrade. I have an older "dumb" phone Samsung Impression (II?) with the QWERTY Keyboard.

I'm considering the Samsung Captivate Glide. Reason being I want an Android phone for better web/apps, and a full QWERTY since I have large hands and HATE touch screen keyboards.

Any other recommendations?

I currently have an unlimited text and data plan and a comfortable amount of minutes. I pay about 80 bucks a month.

Apple is not up for discussion ;)
    Skud

Re: Need help selecting new phone [ATT]

Motorola Droid 4?

I would suggest the Galaxy Nexus but if you need a keyboard then consider that?

Comment

Droid 4 + 1

It is currently the best full qwerty phone on the market and is upgradable to Ice cream sandwich.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

I enjoy ice cream sandwiches, does the droid 4 dispense them??
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

AFAIK Droid 4 is not coming to ATT... Verizon has a death grip on Motorolla.
          Skud

Comment

Well it is carried by sprint but I love my EVO. If AT&T carries anything like that I would recommend it.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Make sure you try out swype before you decide you must have a keyboard. Keyboards really bulk up a phone. If I were you, I'd walk into a store that has lots of functioning floor models and play around to see what you like.

I've had the MyTouch 4G which is an HTC android for TMobile for a year now - I think it quite nice. However, these phones do not really get upgrades past major bug fixes. There have been one or two major Android releases since I bought mine. Once your phone is a year old, there'll be something way shinier out. If you have to have the latest and greatest, buy so but expect to pay a premium. If not, you may want to consider getting a used or older model phone at a nice discount.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X