Need advice on expanding hard drive space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on expanding hard drive space

I currently have an intel x25-m 160gb ssd. Thanks to windows 7 and ArmA most I have almost filled the disk up. It's time for more disk space. Any thoughts on what I should do? Should I get a new larger ssd (intel or other brand) and ditch this one, get a second intel ssd or a second other brand (OCZ, etc...) of the same size. I current computer specs:

Gigabyte P55A-UD3
    Intel x25-M SSD 160 GB
    Intel i5-750 CPU
    XFX Radeon HD5870 1GB
    Corsair TX850 PSU
    4GB OCZ RAM

Re: Need advice on expanding hard drive space

Get a mechanical hard drive for stuff that doesn't require super speedy access - unless you are super rich. The cost per GB is much lower than an SSD, and for most purposes, they're quick enough. If you are super rich, pick me up an SSD too.
    Last edited by sordavie; 01-14-2012, 03:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

First off read this

http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-2/

You could save yourself about 10gb.

Next go through your installed programs and clean it out. I surprise myself sometimes with the useless programs I use once because I need to do a specific task and forget to remove it.

I would buy a mech hdd as my secondary and only run the important software that requires the ssd speed.
      Black caviar western digital 1gb are awesome. If you really want another Ssd and have the money to burn then I would suggest the OCZ octane.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse