• Show
Clear All

• GTS250 question

My Rig is running an i7 860 @ 2.8gHz
    MSI H55-P31 MB
    12GB DDR3
    and a GTS250
    Windows 7 x64

Does anyone know if there is any way to allocate any of the 12GB ram to the GPU to increase the BF3 in game video performance , I normally run the video settings at low 1920 x1080 on a Samsung 24' monitor

Thanks in advance for your help and advice
    sigpic

Re: GTS250 question

I did some quick Google searching, and it's not looking good. If I understand correctly the OS dynamically allocates RAM to the running applications, so BF3 and thereby your GPU are already using what they need.

I think the bottleneck here is your GPU. I'm running a GTX260 and it just recently crapped out on me as far as gaming is concerned. I'm looking to have a full rebuild completed within a month. Mad props to be playing as well as you have on that 250, but you should really consider upgrading your video card.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Yeah, I know that's coming soon, need to figure out whats in the budget and what card to get , just added 8 GB ddr3 today was only running 4 and BIOS was reserving 2GB that wasn't so good :{(
      sigpic

Comment

well, the 6XXX series price have come down some since the 7XXX series came out and who can complain about a nice 6XXX series

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

the MSI 6950 2g Twin Frezor 3 card ranks best overall out of it's gigabyte, XFX counterparts, and it's the middle of the road in cost wise. Hell if you can stretch the $450 ish you could Xfire 2 of them and be set for a very nice time in the gpu department. I was going to do that but I have changed to the 6970 2g XFX rev. 1.2 so I can put a full coverage water block on it and OC the living hell out of it :D

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Yea I use a 260GTX and even it has a hard time handling BF3. Your best option is simply to upgrade your GPU.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...