Still having FPS issues on Source....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having FPS issues on Source....

Hi guys, im about to rip my hair out. I had posted previously regarding my 6800 Ultra not working properly. Well. I sent it back and got myself an X850XTPE. It works great with no freezing at all, but my problem is that my FPS are out of control. They will be normal without many people on the server, but once there are more than 10 people per side my fps go from 150 to 12-50 ..........I am going to call ATi for troubleshooting because noone can figure it out. If anyone wants to take the time to help me let me know, talk to me online, or post back.
    SYSTEM SPECS.
    600 watt Psu
    AMD 3200+ 939 socket
    K8NS 939 Ultra Gigabyte motherboard
    x850XTPE ATi videocard
    1 GIG kingston Ram
    two 40 gig hard drives (7200 Rpm) -clean, all games and defragged frequently
    COOLED REALLY WELL, 8 fans in case, coolermaster heatsink and fan running 3200 RPM
    Soundblaster Live! soundcard.

-in about two weeks im reformatting and getting x64 bit and a reformat. In the meantime, What the fuzz can i do to get my fps stable?!?!?!?!!? it feels like something is bottlenecking my system from high performance. What is it though? i can't find it.

Voltage to CPU is at 1.42V - could this be the problem? ....Could it be voltage? the BUS is running 2009 MHz

Re: Still having FPS issues on Source....

I have nothing to offer other than to suggest it's related somehow to the connection?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

IT happens to be my ram and hard drive.

Comment

the voltage is fine for a 3200 (2000mhz)
        it cant be the ram or harddrive, they are both fine....surely?

have you fixed it yet?

have you installed Nvidias Motherboard drivers? and the Nvidia SW IDE driver might be causing issues, it killed my 160gig harddrive......
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Turn your graphics on the lowest possible setting in windows and source. If you that allows you to have a good fps, then start turning them up little by little. I doubt anything else is wrong with your machine. Also try a smaller resolution.

- -

Comment

his system *should* be able to play source at max settings with AFx4 and AAx2 at least

Should being the problem ;)
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Have you tried a full format? If not that, atleast uninstalling all the GPU drivers, run driver cleaner, then re-installing the 5.7s... Especially as you've come from nVidia's drivers too ATi. A clean Windows installation solves most problems. Also, as people have mentioned above, are you sure it's the FPS and not your ping.

AMD64 3500+ | Abit AV8 3rd Eye | 2x512 PC3200 Ballistix 2-2-2-5 | X800XTPE

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X