Building a Gaming computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Gaming computer

Hey guys, Im about to build my first computer, I want it to be a gaming pc, nothing else. I will be buying certain parts every week, GRADULLY BUILDING IT,But i really need some help, On what would be the best components to buy? Just for gaming, i have a budget of around 400-500, so nothing extremmly special, but say be able to play Bf2 on med specs? Please post here the best components to buy and in what order, Obviously the case first, Thanks
    Abehep

Re: Building a Gaming computer

That's a pretty low budget for a gaming computer but i think you can pull it off. There's a good buyers guide for about your budget here:

http://tinyurl.com/d8zut

Hope this helps :)

---

Comment

Thanks mate
      Abehep

Comment

All other suggestion arse welcome :)
        Abehep

Comment

Ars Technica has a decent guide on builing a system, here:

http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/...ide-200507.ars

The budget gaming system weighs in at $1300, but there are some areas where that could be trimmed (smaller HD, onboard sound, etc...)

http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/...e-200507.ars/2

Comment

i suffer from on board sound. BUT since I needed a decent headset I went USB to take the load of the MOBO. I am happy with it.

Comment

Craigster - what exactly do you need for your machine? Do you need things like a new monitor, keyboard etc, or do you have those already?

Comment

i put mine together cheap as hell..way under $1000 and it rocks..except for being on the low side of vid requiremnets for bf2...

so it can be done! :)

Comment

My computer is a frankenstein machine that I upgrade a part here and there and it runs like a charm. Try to start small on certain things till you can upgrade them, just make a machine that can be upgraded easily. My next purchase is an x800xt which I hope to win this ebay auction
                  [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
                  TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

i thought i heard wher the all-in-wonders didn't do worth a damn for BF2..?

i know my 9200 all-in-wonder 128MB card will not even run BF2...:(

Comment

lol , i have keyboard mouse, moniter, just need the gaming power :P
                      Abehep

Comment

Well, then I suggest, purchasing a good mobo/processor, 1 GB ram at least for sure.

Video card you can probably even just get a 9800 xt for pretty cheap. I am running a 9500 pro right now on low settings with no lag. Your mobo can have onboard sound like mine did. I suggest Asus or Soyo brand for your motherboard.
                        [age-c1][gchq-c1][support]
                        TG-1st MIP(Currently Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas
                          i thought i heard wher the all-in-wonders didn't do worth a damn for BF2..?
                          My kid's computer has an AIW 9800 and I can run BF2 with all the settings on medium and still have a decent framerate.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

If you're using AMD (which i very much reccomend) look at the MSI or DFI Nforce 4 mobos which have dedicated sound chips that tax the cpu less. I have a DFI NF4 ultra d because i plan to overclock and the board is better for overclocking but if you're not planning to OC i'd suggest the MSI because of the better sound chip and a few more features.

my DFI board:
                            http://tinyurl.com/7gbwa

the MSI board
                            http://tinyurl.com/88h7q

The MSI is a little more expensive but it might be worth it to you if sound is really important. Hope this helps :D

Oh, and AV is right. At least 1gb of ram. for the graphics card i reccomend a 6600 gt if you can fit it into your budget.
                            http://tinyurl.com/7mcbe

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...