No announcement yet.

My Upgrade to Water

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMAGES] My Upgrade to Water

Well, I decided I had some extra money since I got my new job last year. So I decided to put my computer underwater. As far as costs go, I don't really want to know... ;)

I will update pictures as I slowly finish this.

Current Specs

All parts were purchased from NCIX Canadian Store and price-matched from others

CPU: Intel 2600K
    Motherboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3.0
    RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600MHz
    Video card: 2 x MSI GTX 580 Lightning (second one is in the mail as I type this)
    HDD: 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    Sound: ASUS Xonar Xense
    Power: Corsair AX850 Gold

Watercooling Parts

All watercooling parts were purchased from the best Canadian watercooling store

CPU block: XSPC Raystorm Intel
    Reservoir: XSPC Dual 5.25" Reservoir for One Laing D5 Single Loop
    Pump: Laing D5s Strong
    Tubing: XSPC 7/16 ID 5/8 OD High Flex Tube - UV Blue
    Fittings: All Bitspower Silver compression fittings 7/16" 5/8" -45 degree -90 degree -straight
    Top Radiator 1: XSPC Slim Dual 120mm RS240
    Front Radiator 2: Phobya Xtreme 200mm
    Fans: 2 x 200mm Bitfenix Spector Pro LED Blue 900rpm, 6 x 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm
    Fan Controller: Lamptron FC-6
    Quick Disconnects: Koolance VL3N-FG and VL3N-MG
    Cable Extensions: Dark Blue Darkside from Dazmode - Motherboard 24pin, 4 x 8 pin video card, 4 pin top motherboard power, 2 x molex, power/reset/audio on the bottom
    Lights: 4 x 6" UV cold cathodes

Re: My Upgrade to Water

Looks nice, can't wait to see the SLI.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

That will be a beast when you finish! Thanks for pics.

Oooh nice and SLI 580's to boot!

Now I know I'm no professional modder I will be trying my best. There are some really nice TJ11 builds out there and will be really hard to match. I guess I can now join the club!

I have now gone with a Silverstone TJ11

Reservoir has been switched to a Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250.

I have also used the top mesh from my old Corsair 600T to mount the reservoir and hide everything 5.25 bays.

XSPC RX480 added.

EK-D5 DUAL SERIAL PUMP TOP with 2 x Dazmode D5 Strong pumps.

I was thinking about trying to put my Phobya Xtreme 200mm on the left AP-181 but it doesn't fit with the gfx card by 1/4" (would also have trouble with routing tubing as I will be using that hole there)

I know the pictures are crap but I will be getting a friend to take some higher quality pictures once I have fully finished.

Watercooling is so much fun!

Only reason I'd go for Custom water cooling is so that I can have super cooled graphics, instead of having something like 3 7970s breathing on each other.

Lots of cons though, including leakages, and cleaning the tubes every 2-3 months or so.

Nice PC though, looks extremely neat what with cable extensions.
            Mine at the moment looks like the Gulf War :P
            "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
            "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
            "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Changing out the water only needs to be done every 6-8 months. I will be using only distilled and a kill coil. Dye seems to wreak havok in blocks these days with micro channels.

I have a lot of respect for people like you who have the patience and skill to put together a true water cooling setup. I've heard the maintenance isn't as bad as it's made out to be, but I know it is a pain in the butt when you have to take apart the system every time you need to swap parts out.
                "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

I used glycerin and antifreeze in my previous cooling solutions. They glow :) Truth is, they're neat in concept, but a pain to maintain(Liquid cooling).

Nice Rig!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Well, for those of us that don't let our girlfriends handle our car's maintenence, it's not that hard.:icon12:

With proper planning, guides, and opposable thumbs, WC'ing can be a fun and effective hobby. Knowing when to stop is the hard part as it can be very addictive.

@Canada2005: Don't forget to flush the radiators a few times BEFORE you hook them up to any hardware. Warm water with a cap full of clear white vineager about 3x or until there are no more particles coming out, then final flush with the distilled H2O. I can help with questions if needed.

Have fun with your new build!

|RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend

Trust me I wouldn't forget to flush the rads. That flux in them is nasty. I also bought an in-line filter that I will use for a day or two until I know everything is in fact clean. Its my "damn why didn't I do that in the first place" kind of safety.

Im using the bitspower crystal links but have wrapped the clear tubes with a piece of blue tubing for looks.

New Dominator ram with XSPC Ram block

Filter + flow wheel

That looks sick bro

Damn. I really want to liquid cool everything in my rig (Well, CPU, GPUs and the chipsets). I'm just waiting until I scrounge the money together to crossfire 2 XFX Radeon HD 7970s (I've got 1 right now, about $600 for another). Does ship to the US?

I think they can, but I would use or since they are both the best site in the USA. You would save duty and shipping fees.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed