Computer Showoff's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMAGES] Computer Showoff's

Haven't seen a "Showoff" thread for all of you rig-builders out there.
    So here it is, show us your rigs.

Here's mine, semi-complete

It looks really messy, I'm going to work on cable re-routing once I've completed all of the hardware
    So far I've spent about 2,500-3,000 euro on it.

Specs are,

Motherboard : Asus Crosshair V Formula
    Processor : AMD FX-8150
    Memory : 16 GB DDR3 (2x8GB Slots)
    Graphics : Sapphire 3GB 7970
    HD : Crucial 128GB (6GB Transfer Rate) Solid State Drive, 500GB Western Digital, 80GB Seagate (10 years old), 160 GB Toshiba
    Cooling : Corsair H100
    Chassis : Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Edition
    PSU : OCZ ZX Series 1250Watt 80+ Gold
    Mouse : Logitech G9x
    Joystick : Saitek Cyborg X

Because I lost my job, this will take longer than expected to finish.
    All I have left to purchase is two more 7970's, three ASUS DVI HD monitors, a new long corner desk, and some Red/Black cable extensions for 24 pin motherboard,4 pin CPU, and 8+6 pin Graphics times 3.

Post your thoughts people, post your rigs.
    Let's basque in complete madness :)
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Re: Computer Showoff's

Finally someone who also didn't like the way Corsair said to mount the cooler.

My Build (Only changes: New PSU HX1050, half of the RAM is in another system, and I got a 3 TB HDD instead)

~$2650

sigpic

Comment

These things are massive, when I'm older and have a job I'm going to build my own rig with the awesomest stuff available! ;)

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Sweet computer. I'm hoping to get my case interior painted black if I can find someone near my neighborhood who does it.
        Just need to get some Anti-Static bags to hold everything in individually.

You holding that SSD at the back of the motherboard?.
        Also, should try getting Cable Extensions in color black or similar for Graphics and 24pin MOBO, 4 pin CPU. Less cable to stick out, more color to match :)
        "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
        "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
        "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

(I know someone is going to say something about wire management, but I took these right after I built it. I've re-routed a lot of the wires and it looks a lot cleaner now. Don't have any pictures and my rig is packed up. I'll try to take some when I'm done moving.)

Case:Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue LED version
          CPU:AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz (Corsair H100 CPU cooler)
          MOBO:Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+
          GPU:XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 1000MHz
          RAM:16GB Corsair Vengenance DDR3 1600MHz
          PSU:Kingwin 1000w 80 Plus Platnium
          Hard Drives:60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD;1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM
          Optical Drives:ASUS Blu-Ray
          Sound Card:ASUS Xonar D1
          WiFi Card:ASUS PCE-N15
          NZXT Sentry fan controller

So I should be getting my tax return here in a couple of weeks (About $1500) and I think I'm going to Crossfire another 7970 and put a full liquid cooling system in my rig. I also plan on OCing everything at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM9991 View Post
            Sweet computer. I'm hoping to get my case interior painted black if I can find someone near my neighborhood who does it.
            Just need to get some Anti-Static bags to hold everything in individually.
            Duramax, Krylon, other?

Originally posted by ColinM9991 View Post
            You holding that SSD at the back of the motherboard?.
            Also, should try getting Cable Extensions in color black or similar for Graphics and 24pin MOBO, 4 pin CPU. Less cable to stick out, more color to match :)
            My storage area is located in bottom the bottom 3 drive bays. That area cools laterally from one side of the case to the other and provides some flow behind the mobo. I also have a special SSD rack that mounts where the bottom intake fan is next to the power supply.

I like some color but that cable in the back left corner bothers me. If I put in custom water cooling I might spend the time and money wraping the cables in something UV reactive or reflective.
            sigpic

Comment

This is my current machine:
              Antec P280 running 6 assorted 120mm fans
              Intel i5-2500k @ 4.9Ghz
              Corsair H60 HSF
              8GB G Skill 12800CL9
              XFX Radeon HD6870
              Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
              WD 1TB Black
              WD 1TB Green
              SAMSUNG SpinPoint T 500GB
              Corsair GS700 PSU
              Dell 2408WFP x2

|TG-IRR|

Comment

So I decided to post some new pictures since I've done some big changes to my rig since those previous pictures (like better cable management :D).

New specs:
                CPU:Intel i5 [email protected] (Corsair H100 CPU cooler w/ Cooler Master SickleFlow fans in push/pull)
                MOBO:ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
                GPU:XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black [email protected]
                RAM:16GB Corsair Vengenance [email protected]
                PSU:Kingwin 1000w 80 Plus Platnium
                Hard Drives:120GB Kingston HyperX SSD;60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD;1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM
                Optical Drives:ASUS Blu-Ray
                Sound Card:ASUS Xonar D1
                WiFi Card:ASUS PCE-N15
                NZXT Sentry fan controller

~$2,030 as is. I've actually spent around $2,500 since I swapped the CPU/MOBO out. The FX-8150/Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 ran around $470. I plan on also putting in another 7970 which will run about $420 for the current card I have, or $470 to get the XFX Radeon 7970 Double D Black Edition for better cooling on it. Same card, extra fan.

Last edited by mangeface; 07-09-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Beinseth, why did you go with a micro ATX board?
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                    Beinseth, why did you go with a micro ATX board?
                    Wow, I need to read these more...and sorry for raise dead threads...I bought it due to the right price. I am truly happy with this motherboard. I was looking for an inexpensive Z68 that would allow CF or SLI ability as I was seriously considering 2x 6870s. But I didnt want a mobo with a bunch of options that I would more than likely never use. The Maximus IV Gene Z fit the bill. And thankfully so, as I am heading back overseas. Will be living in a 10 man tent and would still like to take my system with me. M-ATX case, here I come.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Micro ATX case, huh? My roommate is wanting to build a rig that uses one (only because a midsize won't fit on the shelf where he wants it...pbbt, you tailor your room to your computer, not your computer to your room). I've really tried to convince him to go the midsize route to ensure better cooling, not to mention I'm unsure whether a GTX280 will even fit in a micro case. Anyways, your rig looks really good and extremely clean (with the wire management).

Comment

In a M-Atx case, there are alot of options. I would stick with a silverstone or Lian-Li case as they are better suited for well cooled systems. With the introduction of self contained liquid coolers like the Corsair H-60, 80, and 100s or the Thermaltake series or Antec Kuhler H2O setups; you can really cut the heat inside of the case and still maintain the overclock. SFF cases have come a long way. Also, depending on your situation, you have to buy towards the room. My case being deployed to a forward combat theater and not having a room to myself to leave a mid tower case out. SFF case is the only way for me to go without having to buy a laptop that can keep up with my desktop. Also, I have already spent enough money in parts this year. Wife has me by the short curlys, if you know what I mean.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                          Also, depending on your situation, you have to buy towards the room. My case being deployed to a forward combat theater and not having a room to myself to leave a mid tower case out.
                          Well, that's understandable. I just think it's a little out of this world that the only reason he wants a Micro ATX is to put it on a shelf.

Comment

wow these are great, I love the one with the lights thou, beast...

Street Fighter Online Syndicate D.C Multi-Gaming Forum
                            Xbox360, PS3, PC, Live Streaming Call Of Duty, Halo & More.
                            www.sfosfxsdc.com

Comment

Originally posted by LuminousX View Post
                              wow these are great, I love the one with the lights thou, beast...
                              Are you referring to mine? If so, thanks, I appreciate that. It's actually the first build I've ever done.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X