Need Help with Riddick: Butcher Bay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Riddick: Butcher Bay

I'm currently on my dad's laptop, with a 2.0 Ghz pentium proccessor, XP, a "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go1400", and a gig and a half of Ram. This thing is brand new.

So I buy Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, install, patch, and run it. The intro movies play real slow and without sound. Clicking the mouse takes me back to desktop, minimizing the game. Pressing keyboard buttons does nothing. When it finally gets to the menu, it says Press Enter. I do, and nothing happens. Then I notice the game's mouse pointer motionless in the top left corner, and I see my desktop point moving around the screen. Clicking takes me back to desktop.

Any help? vugames.com doesnt have an FAQ or anything.

Re: Need Help with Riddick: Butcher Bay

Originally posted by Karkianman101
    So I buy Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay...
    There's your problem!

(Sorry, couldn't resist... :row__638: )

Other than that, I couldn't help you...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Its fun >:-(

Anyway, I dunno what happened, but it works. Maybe it was lowering the DPI to 96 from 1--, maybe it was dropping the resolution from 19-- by 1--- to something smaller, but it works.

Comment

a quadro is not a gaming chip..... it is a workstation chip. I think it has great 2d but not designed for 3d shading and such.... never understood why the things were so expensive. anyway, a quadro will not give you the experience you want in games.

I could be wrong though.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X