Best media player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best media player?

Guys and girls I'm looking at buying a ROKU media streamer and signing up to a VPN to run Netflix and HULU here in Australia. Does anybody have one. What model should I get. Are there better alternatives to ROKU.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: Best media player?

Heh.I have 2 and suckered a few buddies into them also.. Love the ROKU.. I do recommend buying a copy of PlayOn media Server software .. It seems to be the best for Streaming to ROKU devices (Local media on a PC..Downloaded stuff Xvid's etc.). It uses the VLC streamer/decoder..so if VLC can play it..then you can see it on ROKU. The other ones don't seem to handle Xvid/Divx very well. Check this article out.. http://jaredzanekessie.hubpages.com/...to-Roku-player

But it's a great deal.. and works well..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Cheers pear dog. One of the main reasons I was hesitant about buying the roku is I read it couldn't do UPNP.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Best media player?

I've been looking at getting a Google TV. Is the Roku better in some ways?

What I like about the GTV is that it's integrated with my cable box/ DVR, which I don't plan to get rid of any time soon. The GTV interface and anything you want to stream is (or can be) on top of the live or DVR TV. There's also models with a BluRay player built in. So what was three different inputs (DVR, Blu Ray, laptop for streaming), is now one. And my TV is an Insignia and a PITA to switch inputs on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X