Upcoming CPU's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming CPU's

Hey, does anyone know when Piledriver is coming out? I am interested in getting a new AM3+ based CPU... I hear Bulldozer is crap compared to the Phenom II X6, so I am curious to find out what my fellow TG community members know about Piledriver...

Guys, will Piledriver be worth it? I currently have a Phenom II X2 555 running with 3 cores at 4 Ghz. I want to get something that will be worth the money by the end of the summer...

Also, no mentioning Intel products since I don't care about products my build cannot support...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Upcoming CPU's

The best I can tell you is what you can look up for yourself. All I have found is a whole bunch of "I don't know"s. But seeing as how it's a 'Next Generation Bulldozer' I'm not even interested now. The Bulldozer was...a huge let down. I'm a AMD user at heart. AMD is the king, and the king can take a rest and bide his time every once in a while, but the Bulldozer was talked up WAY too much.

Comment

If pile driver is a giant let down, should I consider getting a really cheap 8150?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I wouldn't get the 8150 at all. I just ditched my 8150 in favor of an Intel i5 2500k. Like I said, I love AMD, but it takes a bit for me to ditch an AMD for an Intel.

Comment

Since I am not going to be buying a new board or cpu until around Christmas, I wonder what would be a good AMD to keep an eye on... So here is to waiting until September...

Comment

Find yourself a used hexcore or i believe it is the 960t is a hexcore with only 4 cores enabled. Many people are unlocking thos with good success. Including my son :)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

At this point it's really hard to recommend anything AMD related. You could get a used Phenom II X6 or a 960T for a reasonable price and that would probably be the best value proposition as far as holding you over for another year or two.

The 8150 is still around $200 which is hard to justify at that price. It loses in a lot of game benchmarks to even a Phenom II X6 1100T. Plus for that price, you would only need to spend another $100 or so to get a good Core i5 quad core and a cheap motherboard to pair it with.

Piledriver performance is unknown at this point, but based off what we've seen Bulldozer do it doesn't look promising.
              "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                At this point it's really hard to recommend anything AMD related. You could get a used Phenom II X6 or a 960T for a reasonable price and that would probably be the best value proposition as far as holding you over for another year or two.

The 8150 is still around $200 which is hard to justify at that price. It loses in a lot of game benchmarks to even a Phenom II X6 1100T. Plus for that price, you would only need to spend another $100 or so to get a good Core i5 quad core and a cheap motherboard to pair it with.

Piledriver performance is unknown at this point, but based off what we've seen Bulldozer do it doesn't look promising.
                Summed it up better than I did.

Comment

So a better buy would be a X4 965 BE?

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                    So a better buy would be a X4 965 BE?
                    If you go that route get the 960t BE. It over clocks well, but you still have the opportunity to unlock the dormant cores. Just make sure you get a MOBO that supports the core unlocking feature. Asrock has several that are very good on features yet won't break the wallet.
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I have a biostar TA990FXE which does very well with over clocking my current Phenom II.

Comment

Ya, September...

Comment

Originally posted by kuiinuyy
                          I wouldn't get the 8150 at all. I just ditched my 8150 in favor of an Intel i5 2500k. Like I said, I love AMD, but it takes a bit for me to ditch an AMD for an Intel.
                          Odd, but I think I saw that exact post, word for word somewhere else before... hmmm... odd...

Comment

I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Running rock solid at 4.11 GHz Chews up everything I do. It out performs the 8150 as well :( Worth the buck if you want an upgrade in my opinion.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Originally posted by Belander View Post
                              I have an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Running rock solid at 4.11 GHz Chews up everything I do. It out performs the 8150 as well :( Worth the buck if you want an upgrade in my opinion.
                              Nailed it!

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X