Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Motherboard Help

Hey folks,

Im now a proud owner of an i7 3930k and im going to need a mother board to match to it.

Ive been pretty far out of the computer hardware scene the past couple of years so going back on newegg, im lost.

Who is the worst/best manufacturers and whats a safe bet on a board for my new cpu? Something with some over clocking ability but not breaking the bank.

Cheers
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Motherboard Help

A safe brand to go with is ASUS or ASRock. What is your budget for the mobo? What do you plan on using besides the CPU and GPU on it? Any particulars for PCI slots? And lucky you, I wanted to buy the 3930K, but couldn't afford it.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16813157282
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16813131800
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16813131808

Comment

As far as the worst motherboard manufacturer, stay well clear of EVGA, they have problems with their X79 mobo.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Aight well I think im gonna go with either an MSI or ASrock board. I got a friend whose hooked me up with the CPU and hes getting one too so were probably going to go with identical builds XD
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

Best price per for the amount of features in my opinion would be the ASUS P9X79 Pro. Always had Asus mobo's and never had a problem. I now have an ASrock Z68 Extreme 7 and had to RMA it twice to get a functional board.

Then again most people have different opinions and don't always have problems with parts they get. Guess I was just unlucky with my asrock.

Comment

Originally posted by Canada2005 View Post
            Best price per for the amount of features in my opinion would be the ASUS P9X79 Pro.
            Have to agree. I upgraded to an i5 2500K and went with an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO and the combo is epic (better than my FX-8150/Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 combo...which the mobo died).

Comment

I think Im going to go with the Asus. Thanks for the suggestions guys. And good bye 300 bucks haha :(
              sigpic

Comment

Good choice mate

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former ARMA TGU instructor
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob
                Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  I think Im going to go with the Asus. Thanks for the suggestions guys. And good bye 300 bucks haha :(
                  It'll be worth it though. You'll have some killer performance on ArmA 3 if you're into those games.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X