Installing a long USB 2.0 run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a long USB 2.0 run

Looking to get some help with installing a long USB 2.0 run and if anyone has done this.

So, I moved my PC into the living room so that I could enjoy my new 55'' LED tv with both my PS3 and PC. The only issue is that playing a game from the couch is not .... comfortable HAHA. So what I did was put a small desk at the other end of my living room so I could atleast play in comfort. Now, I would like to play some flight sims from back there but of course the PC not even close to the desk and need a way to hook up the USB flight sticks to the PC.

I was looking at getting a 10ft USB 2.0 cable and plugging that into a powered USB 2.0 hub and then plugging in my flight sticks, etc.

Good idea? Input is greatly appreciated.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Installing a long USB 2.0 run

Well, it's worth a try.

Comment

You may need to get a USB range extender to run that distance. It may work but you will probably have packet loss without one, which will be noticeable in games such as BF3. Or go completely wireless.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Installing a long USB 2.0 run

Anything under 16 feet should not be a problem.
        I used to have my computer hooked up to my TV that was in another room so I connected an USB extension cable for my joypad and keyboard.
        Did not notice any input lag but I was not playing a sim type game, that might be more sensitive lag-wise.
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X