SSD question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD question

If I were to install an ssd for games only, no OS installed on it. Would migrating bf3 from my normal hd be a chore? Or do I need to redownload it to the new ssd. Usually it's no big deal but with origin I don't know if I can just move it to the ssd? Thoughts?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: SSD question

I just did the same thing with my ARMA installation. I just cut and paste from the disk it was on and pasted it to my new SSD. It's working fine but caveat emptor.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

You can use the mklink command to move files to other drives but keep the same structure. Check out my link below. The basic rundown is you move the files to the other drive then use mklink to basically tell the program to look at the other drive for the physical files. It's sort of like link rewriting on websites.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/how..._system_mklink
      sigpic

Comment

Ven, if it goes wrong or you choose to reinstall onto the SSD you have to manually change the install destination as Origin will default to your C drive. It's not that hard, I've done it. I will try and find you a link to the instructions and post it here, just in case.:row__644:

Comment

Good stuff all, keep the info coming and thanks!
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X