Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing questions

Hey everyone,

I am starting my build, i have right now the case, PS, M/B, cpu, ram, BD-Drive. Not sure when I am getting the rest.

So my question is, Can I start installing everything? or should i leave it all in their wrappers till i have the rest of the gear to install?

Will it hurt anything if i install the stuff i have now and let it sit there till i can get more gear to install? will the dust affect anything?

Thanks for your opinions.......

Sounds like you have nearly everything. Put it together!!! You won't hurt it.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Installing questions

Yeah, you could start building it now. Any expectations on when the GPU, hard drives and OS will arrive? If not anytime soon, I'd just put something over the case when everything is put together to prevent dust from intruding into any of the parts until you get the rest, although I don't see it to be much of a problem. I built my desktop piece by piece over a span of about 2 weeks and had no problems.

Comment

As per usual make sure you are extra cautious with static electricity. Dont wanna accidentally fry a part.

PS, nice to see another person from the Prairies around here..even if you are from Saskatchewan.. :D
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

LOL ya thanks gijoe :p

Mangeface:

Not sure as to when the rest will be coming (sooner then later i hope) as i am self employed and depends on what days i work and such. What I will probably do is us the plastic bag the case came in and cover it back up after i install the parts.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickShotSims View Post
            i am self employed and depends on what days i work and such.
            Good for you. I'm an aviation mechanic and one of my friends keeps talking to me about starting a private charter company with learjets. Basically, I've told him that idea needs to go on the back burner for now. I've got more qualifications to get and he needs to get into aviation management to learn how to run a company like that. But that is my dream, to be self-employed and run my own company.

What I will probably do is us the plastic bag the case came in and cover it back up after i install the parts.
            That's what I was going to suggest if it came with one (mine didn't). A blanket potentially could cause static electricity build up and defeat the purpose.

Comment

Ya i bought the HAF 932 and it comes wrapped in a plastic bag and the box.

Self employment is good and all after you get through the first 2-3 years then not bad.... just going through my second year of self employment and hand in taxes then it will be a little easier to get loans and credit.

Comment

Ya i bought the HAF 932 and it comes wrapped in a plastic bag and the box.
                Interesting. I also have the HAF 932. Mine was the Blue Edition.

Comment

This is the order you want to build in:

1. Motherboard, CPU, Heatsink+Fan, RAM: Take the motherboard out of the box, install the CPU and Heatsink/Fan, then RAM. It's easier to put this stuff together before installing it in the case.

2. Unbox the case, install the motherboard/cpu/ram bundle together. Wire the case's power LED, switch, reset switch, HDD LED, etc to the motherboard leads. Then install the hard drives, optical drive and power supply.

3. Start wiring everything (sata connectors, power connectors, fan connectors). Video card can usually go in last.

No need to put the plastic wrap back on the case, what's the point? Dust will inevitably get in your case no matter what you do, it has fans pulling and pushing air in/out of the case 24/7.
                  "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

True....

Thanks for the tips VoodooIT

Comment

What's the point of putting the plastic over the case? I've got the same case as he does and the HAF 932 has a removable filter over the intake fan. I've had mine built for about 3 months and have dust or traces of dust inside of the case.

Comment

My case won't be even powered on till i get the rest of the stuff to make it run.... I was just wondering if dust will still get in if nothing is powered and if it is ok to let it sit 1/2 built till i get the rest of the gear.

Comment

My case won't be even powered on till i get the rest of the stuff to make it run.... I was just wondering if dust will still get in if nothing is powered and if it is ok to let it sit 1/2 built till i get the rest of the gear.
                          Dust eventually gets everywhere. A cover will help but in two weeks as long as the case is closed I don't see it building up inside as a problem. For the outside just use a swiffer mitt or wand. As far as the inside either get some canned air when you can see it building up or buy an electric duster.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I figured as much. I was just pointing out that the HAF 932 is great at keep dust and other unwanteds out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mangeface View Post
                              Oh, I figured as much. I was just pointing out that the HAF 932 is great at keep dust and other unwanteds out of it.
                              Got ya......I think this weekend i am going to start installing what i have right now and do some cable management and such and go from there.....

Thanks everyone for the reply's

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X