X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get a good deal?

Just picked this up on a shell shocker for $69.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227706

figured for the price I would try an SSD out. hopefully its a decent one.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Did I get a good deal?

The SSDs sporting the non sandforce controllers(the OCZ has a sandforce controller) are IN now. Crucial M4, Samsung 830, Plextor. Purportedly better all around performance and better reliability seem to be the appealing aspects. You got a decent price and I am sure the performance will be nice.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Thats a killer deal. Grats.

Comment

It seems pretty awesome. By the way, how exactly is the performance?

Comment

Its a good price...buuuut for us Canadians...

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=59354&...y&promoid=1027

This came down to 99 bucks after I paid the same price you did for mine :/

Oh well,on Friday im gonna get a second one, for the lesser price this time :D
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Well with a 3 year warranty I should be fine. Not doing my OS on it because of SSD's being prone to failure. I'm just going to run games off of it. If anyone has any tips on program migration that doesn't require me to redownload my games I am all ears.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
              Its a good price...buuuut for us Canadians...

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=59354&...y&promoid=1027

This came down to 99 bucks after I paid the same price you did for mine :/

Oh well,on Friday im gonna get a second one, for the lesser price this time :D
              That's the price you pay for giving the world Justin bieber

Comment

How dare you...

You can steam back up all your steam games. For BF3 all you gotta do is install origin on your ssd and simply copy over all the bf3 files into origin.

With the steam back up you can save, uninstall and reinstall in 30 min tops. I did 40gb of games in 19 minutes last week.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X